Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Police on the rock road nailing cars in bus lane today

Options
  • 07-09-2007 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭

They were slowly booking one car while three lucky others were diving for cover back to the car lane.

Its tempting but ........ whats the fine if caught?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

60 or 80 euros. To be honest it is not so much the fine that should put you off, more the fact that you look like a selfish obnoxious prick when you use the bus lane to skip queues.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Plus some points.

You could really get done for a few such as

Failure to comply with mandatory traffic signs 1 pt
    Failure to comply with traffic lane markings 1pt
    Failure of Vehicle to comply with prohibitory traffic signs 1pt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

On the other hand, alot of people don't know that you can use the bus lanes according to the hours on the sign. I've used the bus lane going home some nights (outside the operating hours) and have had people beeping and flashing at me.

However your only meant to cross into the bus lane at the broken white line, your not meant to cross when its solid.

I remember coming home from the Cork V Waterford match and there was a motorcycle cop on the quays shouting

"USE THE BUS LANE .. FOR GOD SAKE .. USE THE BUS LANE"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Outside the Archbishops Palace in Drumcondra lately also

They're catching loads of people and from my own observations it's mainly builders/tradesmen and also delivery men in vans that get caught.

Not a statistic, just what I see every day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I thought Rock Road bus lane was not in use. Has this changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ballooba wrote:
    I thought Rock Road bus lane was not in use. Has this changed?
    It changed about a month ago, and to be fair to them it was very well signposted.

I haven't been using it much since around July time.

ballooba wrote:
    I haven't been using it much since around July time.
    Sorry, I didn't mean that as a dig at you! I was just making the point that regular users of the Rock Road couldn't really claim ignorance if they got caught.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

It's the bus lane on the Merrion Road they're doing that's wrecking my head, stuck in traffic for 30 mins the other morning in ballsbridge, a bloody disgrace, sure a bus lane would take up the entire width of that road, and it's a main artery into the city ffs.

nialler wrote:
    It's the bus lane on the Merrion Road they're doing that's wrecking my head, stuck in traffic for 30 mins the other morning in ballsbridge, a bloody disgrace, sure a bus lane would take up the entire width of that road, and it's a main artery into the city ffs.
    So take the bus.;)

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote:
    Sorry, I didn't mean that as a dig at you! I was just making the point that regular users of the Rock Road couldn't really claim ignorance if they got caught.:)
    I'm not that sensitive. :) I used to enjoy whizzing down the Rock Road when it wasn't in use. People never seemed to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Anan1 wrote:
    So take the bus.;)

Know any bus that goes from Ringsend to the back of monkstown/dun laoghaire? Tis like another client who is up in Fumbally Lane, can't get a bus up there either (well not one anyway), so it's either walk (45 mins and sweating like a biatch) or take the car, I know which one I prefer. Try to be healthy but 40 fags a day makes it a tad difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Cycle. Both routes are mostly flat.

If Monkstown is too far at the start, cycle to the DART.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

craichoe wrote:
    However your only meant to cross into the bus lane at the broken white line, your not meant to cross when its solid.
    Think you are wrong here. AFAIK the thick bus lane line bears no relation to the white line in the centre of the road. How many taxis and buses do you see crossing it every day?

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement