Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blokes with Pony Tails.

• 07-09-2007 7:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

They're a fcuking disgrace aren't they? Is it just Pighead or has this horrific sight become more common in recent months. Its not even 8 o clock yet and two pony tailed flouncy fellas have just bounced past me looking for all the world like that spanner from Status Quo.

And to be honest they kind of creep me out, its not like the moustache effect which has a bit of comedy value, nio these ponytail ponces actually make Pighead sick to the stomach. Does anybody here like a bloke with a ponytail?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

I tend not to choose my friends based on their hair styles. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

a fella at work has long hair started to grow it a while back, it looks horrible - probably going through his mid-life crisis...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Oh yeah? Well maybe that explains why all your friends are a bunch of tossers. Raise your standards buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Pighead wrote:
    They're a fcuking disgrace aren't they? Is it just Pighead or has this horrific sight become more common in recent months. Its not even 8 o clock yet and two pony tailed flouncy fellas have just bounced past me looking for all the world like that spanner from Status Quo.

And to be honest they kind of creep me out, its not like the moustache effect which has a bit of comedy value, nio these ponytail ponces actually make Pighead sick to the stomach. Does anybody here like a bloke with a ponytail?

I take it your bald then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Pony tails seem to be quite prevalent on older english men and alot of our new eastern european friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I take it your bald then?
    You take wrong then ya big eejit.

Pigheads got a fantastic head of hair. Soft and silky and oh so shiny. Used to use Pantene Proactive but didn't feel it was quite going the whole 9 yards with regards to making my hair look fab. Changed to aussie shampoo and its brought the quality of hair up that extra 10%.

When Pighead walks down the street, chicks that he's never even met before stop and ask "Hey there sexy head, can I touch your hair for a minute?" Sometimes they get to, sometimes they don't. Everydays a good hair day for Pighead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Beggars and choosers etc.

Pony tails ftl!

I personally think its due to the outside influence that Irish lads have decided that pony tails are acceptable. Close all borders ffs!

Steven-Seagal.jpg

Nuff siad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

As the old conundrum goes:

Lift up a ponytail and what do you find?
    an arsehole

20040114195739.jpeg

Face it, there just that cool..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Nothing wrong with a guy who has long hair, and tied up tbh.

Like me ! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Nothing wrong with them. I've lovely long hair and tie it back often.
    Pighead wrote:
    its not like the moustache effect which has a bit of comedy value

Got one of them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Eugh, just awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

I actually have long hair, though not below my shoulders. I "could" tie it back (a bit), but I dont think I suit it. Im just figuring out what way to "style" my hair (ie: what way to get it cut). Any ideas? My face doesn't work with short hair, so I like a bit of length. At the moment its just 'long', no style or anything :( Though I have to let it grow like this before I can cut 'back' to do anything to it I'm guessing.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

im at college in sligo and i moved bak there on monday and i was walkin down the street and a guy had a shaved top and sides of his head but then he had long hair down to the middle of his back hanging from the back of his head!!!it was revolting and he was only about 15 how long did it take to grown like?????it was crazy!!!

The only thing you'll find under a ponytail is an asshole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I've never seen the point in having long hair only to tie it up.

My long silky hair flows freely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Pyr0 wrote:
    Nothing wrong with a guy who has long hair, and tied up tbh.

Like me ! :cool:

Damn right there isn't! ;)

Suits the majority of guys imo, why not? Long haired men ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'll generally leave it untied and free, but on occaisions I do like to tie it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Depends what state it's in, if it's all messy then I'd tie it up but if it's behaving I'd leave it down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Pighead wrote:
    You take wrong then ya big eejit.

Pigheads got a fantastic head of hair. Soft and silky and oh so shiny. Used to use Pantene Proactive but didn't feel it was quite going the whole 9 yards with regards to making my hair look fab. Changed to aussie shampoo and its brought the quality of hair up that extra 10%.

When Pighead walks down the street, chicks that he's never even met before stop and ask "Hey there sexy head, can I touch your hair for a minute?" Sometimes they get to, sometimes they don't. Everydays a good hair day for Pighead.
    for pighead hair isn't just hair, its a weapon to be used to devestating effect ;) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

The only thing you'll find under a ponytail is an arsehole...

<Edit> Dammit, that's been posted twice already. I really should pay more attention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭SystemError

Pighead wrote:
    Does anybody here like a bloke with a ponytail?

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

flynnser19 wrote:
    im at college in sligo and i moved bak there on monday and i was walkin down the street and a guy had a shaved top and sides of his head but then he had long hair down to the middle of his back hanging from the back of his head!!!it was revolting and he was only about 15 how long did it take to grown like?????it was crazy!!!

i seen that dude a few weeks back for the first time in years, he's always had that hair, always!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

few men can carry off long hair and look cool and myterious...most look like clowns,and as for ponytails,get a grip lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I think long hair on a guy is physically repulsive. Anything longer than jaw length is _too long_. Add to this the fact most men with long hair do not take much pride in its appearance, and it makes things even worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭*tOpLaSs

To guys with ponytails, I say.. NO!
    Long hair is cool, but I don't mean long long, I mean shaggy, skater-ish, not ponytail long.. Ick! I have only ever seen about five dudes who it looks good on, and they have all been celebrities.. Then again, I won't judge someone by their hair..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Growing up next door to a family of Status Quo fans, each of the kids went for this look as they hit puberty. Personally, I think people who chastise heavy metal for being satanic should instead blame it for men having ponytails.

Although... I think the worst ever was Roger Federer when he had that 'bun' style ponytail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

eth0_ wrote:
    Add to this the fact most men with long hair do not take much pride in its appearance,

Lies! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i have long-ish hair that i sometimes tie back when i'm working, so for me it's practical when i have it in the pony tail.

pony tails can look ridiculous a lot of the time

steven segal
    david seaman
    etc

they all look foolish (ie, they're trying to cling to it)

Advertisement