Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help Please

Options
  • 07-09-2007 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Hoping some one has done this before so can give me as close to step by step instructions as possible.

I have a '02 Toyota Corolla h/b. (New model)

The two little bulbs behind the 3 fan dials in the middle of the dash, are blown
    (you know the 3 dials below the radio, one for moving to feet, windscreen etc, one for the fan speed, & one for the fan temperature.

My bf has taken the inside of my car practically apart twice to try & get at these bulbs, but can't figure out how to get at them.
    He's not a thicko either, so please only reply if you've actually done this on this model of car.
    The cover over the lights won't come off, as the middle dial (the one for fan speed) won't give way, & there's no way you can get your and in the back to get at the bulbs.

Is there something very obvious we're missing?

Thanks,
    BB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I'll ask a mate of mine later Boozy, i'll reply to the thread if no one else has given you a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Thanks a mill Layke
    Much appreciated, with the evenings getting darker, not being able to see the dials is starting to get on my wick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Paulzx

I've had two of that model of corolla previously and they both blew a bulb behind the heating controls. As it was only one of the bulbs i never bothered fixing it though so I've no idea how to do it. However, its obviously a common problem ( unless i was very unlucky ) so there should be plenty of people around who have done it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Pull out the 3 dials. There should be 2 scres behind them, remove them.
    Take out the ashtray.
    Now remove the knob from the slider switch for the circulation.
    If you pull from the bottom you will see it will come off handy enough.

At least I think thats it but I have a removal guide at home so I will post it up later!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53084

If that doen't work just search that site, its on there!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Some centre console bulbs are an absoute nightmare to fix while some are a complete doodle.. so if your bf is no "thicko" dont let it bruise his ego :D

It may be that there are a few tiny screws somewhere to take it apart and the bulbs need to be soldered onto the circuit.

that was the case with one of my cars ... where as other have had a few clips and you pull a bulb out and push another in.

If yours seems overly complicated best go to a toyota dealer ... just to avoid messing anything up and scratching the console

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Thanks for your replies.

Do the dials just pull out though?
    Cos I thought it might be something like that, & was pulling the centre dial with a pretty storng force & it wasn't budging, so I was afraid it wasn't meant to.

Its easy enough to do it, I have the model before your and they are both similar. As i said there is a guide somewhere on that site I linked you to and its step by step with pictures.

Advertisement