Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Par 3 Courses

Options
  • 07-09-2007 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

As the title says guys, looking for a decent par 3 course in or around Dublin to work on my short game. Always going to the Burrows up by Sandyford, is there any other nice courses around?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Bit of a trek from sandyford but there's balheary in swords. It's not amazing but I like it for short game practise. Holes range in length from around 95-160yds, greens small but generally pretty good to putt on if a little slow. It's €9 a pop.

I'm not sure if the par3 course at Tyrrellstown is gone now. Apparently the driving range closed about a year ago according to lads on here but no one mentioned the par3 course. If it has gone, it's a shame because it was a great little course and really well maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

Yeh Blanchardstown Golf Centre closed at xmas. I just rang them there to make sure and the lady on the phone told me everything is gone. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Athgoe, near Newcastle, is a great little course. Really tricky greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Liffey Valley par 3, on the roundabout at the Leixlip slip road onto the N4. Good variety of holes from about 60 yards to 205 if memory serves. Greens are reasonable for a par 3.

Then there's always The Heritage in Killenard. The par 3 course there is maintained to the same standard as the championship course. Beautiful but I think it's only open to hotel guests and club members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Davittdr

Have you tried leopardstown, I have never played it, only seen the few holes beside the driving range. It's not a par 3 but looks like there are a lot of short holes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Cormster

Hi. On the Northside you would also have Howth (Deer Park). Quite a good par-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Guisseppeth

As a previous poster suggests try Leopardstown. Its basically just a long par 3 course but is pretty straight forward and at €20 a round is pretty cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

stepaside driving range golf course, decent par three. willie foxes par three, beside foxes pub, pucks castle par three, up by the lead mines on the way to enniskerry (turn left after palmers)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Honda silverwing

david_1888 wrote: »
    As the title says guys, looking for a decent par 3 course in or around Dublin to work on my short game. Always going to the Burrows up by Sandyford, is there any other nice courses around?
    Cheers

There is a great course on the outskirts of Dublin in Wicklow called Geln Mill. Definitely worth a round- I think it was €12....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

There is a great course on the outskirts of Dublin in Wicklow called Geln Mill. Definitely worth a round- I think it was €12....

Smashing par 3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

11 year old thread lads!!

Advertisement