Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Eircom Webspace support PHP?

Options
  • 07-09-2007 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this question, Mods please feel free to move this thread if this is the case :)

Does anyone know if Eircom Webspace supports PHP? I am looking to run a very small website with a forum and need support for PHP.

Thanks,

-- Bill Andrex.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You used to need a Business package. The "included" webspace was just files. It may have changed. Lot of people offer cheap hosting with domain name. The cheaper US offerings are slow. If you have a lot of Irish users you would want an Irish based hosting service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this question, Mods please feel free to move this thread if this is the case :)

Does anyone know if Eircom Webspace supports PHP? I am looking to run a very small website with a forum and need support for PHP.

Thanks,

-- Bill Andrex.

I have an account at Dreamhost.com

When you sign up you can generate promo codes to give to friends so that they can get free hosting and you also get a cut.

If you go to dreamhost.com and use the promo Code: TIGERPLUG when signing up you will get 97usd of a years hosting.

That leaves it at about 25usd, which is about 18-19euro (for the year!)
    You also get a free domain name registration with that!

Its good hosting, I'd recommend it and your welcome to use my promo code.
    Google them if you want.

You can see the Dreamhost wiki here:
    http://wiki.dreamhost.com

It answers most questions that you may have.

(the include PHP5 by default... but if you want PHP4 they can do that too on request for no additional charge. Lots of one click installs also for forums etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

Thanks for the quick replies guys. That hosting option looks sweet iRock, i'll look into that later when I get home from work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Thanks for the quick replies guys. That hosting option looks sweet iRock, i'll look into that later when I get home from work

No worries ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

While its US based, www.godaddy.com offer so pretty good deals domain and hosting wise, I have hosting with them for two years now and really can't fault any faults with them :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement