Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account skimmed - next step?

Options
  • 07-09-2007 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Just noticed that the fiance's account got 250 skimmed out of it last night. She's an AIB account. Whats the next steps to take to reclaim this money and secure the account again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You need to contact AIB asap.

They'll cancel the cards etc immediately - but the longer you leave it, the more liable you are.

You'll probably have to deal with the branch to try and claim the missing funds back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

BuffyBot wrote:
    You need to contact AIB asap.

They'll cancel the cards etc immediately - but the longer you leave it, the more liable you are.

You'll probably have to deal with the branch to try and claim the missing funds back.

Hey Buffy,
    She's just been talking to them there and theyve cancelled the card and issued her a new one and also a claim form. This is the 3rd person I know who have had their accounts skimming with this bank. Kind of makes me a little weary of their security measures or is it just that easy to skim accounts with the right card copying tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It happens across pretty much every bank, I'm afraid.

Advertisement