Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 sim in non 3 phone

• 07-09-2007 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

will this kill my sin card? i have read on some sites that 3 cancel the sim after a few days send a letter referring to the t&c's. i just joined 3 and put it in my e61 and it works great but i only have a 10 or 14 day return window. has anyone already done this? put the sim in another phone? is it still working? how long?

please help, getting all nervous here :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't know from personal experience but a lot of people on here have done it and nothing has happened. I've never even heard this happen to anyone and I often wonder where this rumour about 3 cutting you off and cancelling your contract for putting your sim in a different phone came from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I don't know from personal experience but a lot of people on here have done it and nothing has happened. I've never even heard this happen to anyone and I often wonder where this rumour about 3 cutting you off and cancelling your contract for putting your sim in a different phone came from.
    it is the policy because once one of the script monkeys misunderstood me and thought i was saying i was using my sim in a non-3 phone and said that she'd "go ahead and cancel the contract".

they have no way of stopping you unless you tell them you're doing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 tdkeaveny

could be a rumor, ive been looking around on other sites and it seems to be ok aslong as you have ha phine that suports 3g (utms 2100). but id still like to hear it first hand :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 tdkeaveny

it is the policy because once one of the script monkeys misunderstood me and thought i was saying i was using my sim in a non-3 phone and said that she'd "go ahead and cancel the contract".

they have no way of stopping you unless you tell them you're doing it

cool thats what i wanted to hear. ive told them im using the e65. thanks

Advertisement