Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding suitable RAM

• 07-09-2007 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Firstly - Apologies if this has been covered before but I couldn't find any related posts.

I would like to put some extra RAM in my Dell Dimension 3000

What is the easiest way to find out which RAM is suitable for my motherboard?

Following some research I did previously, I bought some PC3200 RAM but it doesn't work.

Any advice is welcome

Cheers

G.O.M.P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Crucial RAM is the stuff to get.

You can buy direct from them at their site which also has a memory selection tool so if you input the Dell Dimension 3000 you get these results which are 100% compatible.

One other trick sometimes to get RAM Dell doesn'y like to play ball is to make sure you have most recent bios installed then keep one of the old modules in and install one of the new modules if the system boots normally then power off and remove remaining old module and put in second/leave new module and see if it powers on as normal.

Advertisement