Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One year ago today.

Options
  • 07-09-2007 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Its one year ago today since I got my two dobies :cool: and I wanted to mark the day with a thread on here.;)

Here they are remarkably relaxed on day two of their arrival at their new home.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2I_iXxtCtY

a sign of things to come - in one of their many wrestling poses.
    Camera046-1.jpg

and up to date Nero looking all regal & Roman like.:rolleyes:
    Camera082.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sweet looking dogs. Like the youtube clip too.

Thats fantastic scenary you have there in Kerry. I'm just back from walking Portmarnock beach with Jericho, I have some photo's taken but being a puppy he won't sit still for a moment for some decent one's.

Btw, anymore photos with that scenary in the background, its fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

Mairt wrote:

Thats fantastic scenary you have there in Kerry. I'm just back from walking Portmarnock beach with Jericho, I have some photo's taken but being a puppy he won't sit still for a moment for some decent one's.

Oh my god, he's beautiful! Ah sure why would you need him to sit still? The action shots are great!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Mairt wrote:

looking good-healthy and happy looking fella.

Dobies are great too.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Nice dogs :)
    Not really a dog person myself but I have always thought that Dobermans look so good, they have a pedigree look about them, I can't explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Im going to be controversial here and say that I always thought dobies look best when their ears are cropped

And Mairt, the wee man is looking stunning, the staff thing of sprawling their back legs out always cracks me up

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote:
    Im going to be controversial here and say that I always thought dobies look best when their ears are cropped
    Yes and i think small chested woman look better with breast implants!!
    but that does not mean that they should get it done..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Its illegal here to do that anyway - the ear cropping I mean - dunno about breast implants. :confused:

The point of the thread is to celebrate the first year anniversary of their arrival here. My last dobie died in 1996 and I could not bring myself to get another dog . On reflection it was a mistake as I could have had the joys of owning a dobie (or two) during those 10 years.
    Still I am making up for it now and thanks to forums such as this I am a much better informed dog owner than I was before.

Here's to many more happy years. :)

Never will forget my beautiful Jacko though. (1988 - 1996 RIP):cool:
    bklis.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Its illegal here to do that anyway - the ear cropping I mean - dunno about breast implants. :confused:

Don't listen to Paul, you should see the hassle he cause's on the Martial Arts forum ;)

Breast implants look awful on a dog, IMO!.

dog_with_tits.JPG

:D

Mairt wrote:
    Don't listen to Paul, you should see the hassle he cause's on the Martial Arts forum ;)

Breast implants look awful on a dog, IMO!.
    :D
    Very good! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I didint know it was illegal in ireland, many vets wont do it in the UK though..anyway from what i've read cropping their ears is very much a skill, more so than say, docking tails.

*thread hijack*
    I'm very much in two minds about the whole cropping/docking thing, ive heard horror stories about dobies and hunting breeds who've badly damaged their tails when they werent docked. And the original dobermann was actually bred to be cropped/docked it seems

and nah sorry paul, slim wimmens with big implants aint a good thing, It looks like they're smuggling footballs :D

• Advertisement

Now this thread is not a debate about tail docking or ear cropping - start another thread if you want to discuss that. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

Love the Dobies - Big Alfa fan too.

Meet Fudge, just turned eleven months old.

Fudge is just lovely - as is Jericho Mairt - love Staffie's. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭alexdenby6

alfa, where did you get your dobies? and were they docked when you got them or what happened there.

alexdenby6 wrote:
    alfa, where did you get your dobies? and were they docked when you got them or what happened there.

Troll all you like - im not taking the bait. coffee.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭alexdenby6

sorry mate, i just wanted to know if the breeder did them at birth. and if it's legal.

Advertisement