Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Vista and Second life

• 07-09-2007 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Can anyone help me

I have been a member of second life for about a year , on and off , i have recently bought a new lap top which has windows vista , now the Offical tag line is that second life isnt supported on windows vista however i have alot of friends on sl that have windows vista and its seems that my sl will not work it just crashes if i try to load it ,

i have tried down loading the NVIVIDA driver which is required as i thought that might fix it , but i cant seem to down load that either as even thought its the right driver and for vista it basicially down loads and then tells me i cant be completed cause i dont have windows ,

can any one advice me on how i might get around this probelm if at all ?:confused:
    Many Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

will it work in compatibility mode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

strange i can run SL on vista with no hassle, are you sure the laptop can handle SL?

Nvidia and vista are a pain tbh i have games that keep crashing because of it :(

what make laptop is it?

you can try to run it in admin mode... go to program and SL right click run as admin....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Roxi D

THe lap top is a toshiba equium x10, i havent tried running it in admin mode as to be honest i didnt even know what it means even though i have seen the option , i have a fair extensive experience in computers but limited in programmes ,

i was considering downloading the mircosoft partition and running sl , but it could be the lap top ? however sl did work limited when i for about 2 days on teh lap top and thenjust started crashing over and over to teh point where it just wouldnt even log on

like you said i too have friends using vista and sl so i dont know why mine isnt working, i asked SL and they just told me that its not supported and that was it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Roxi D

i tried using it in admin mode didnt work either , anyother suggestions anyone ?

Advertisement