Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is it worth selling?

Options
  • 07-09-2007 2:19pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Before anyone starts, this isn't an advertisement.. Just asking a question and
    would like you guys opinion on this!! :)

I currently have a 97 Mondeo, 1.6 petrol with 182k miles on the clock. She's in
    fairly good nick with a few scratches here and there that you'd expect on a 10
    year old car. The engine can be a bit rough when cold but once she warms up, it
    will happily cruise at 120kph on a motor way all day or zip around the streets in
    the city.

It recently failed its NCT buy .5% on emissions and the tax is just up so I've
    decided that enough is enough and I'm in the process of buying a new car..

Is it worth the effort of trying to sell it or will I just scrap it. I probably would be
    lucky to get €500 for it but its better than nothing..

A mate of mine recently said I should park it somewhere in the city, remove the
    plates and leave the keys in it and put a big sign on it saying "Take Me"
    And no, I'm not gonna do that before someone starts.. :D

So what do you guys think? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

I let a 95 Mondeo with 95000 miles go for 150 last year, it was taking up space so just wanted rid, some young fella called to the door and offered 100 quid, got him up to 150.

X.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Take a few pics, and stick it on the www.adverts.ie site.

You never know:)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

A mate of mine recently said I should park it somewhere in the city, remove the
    plates and leave the keys in it and put a big sign on it saying "Take Me"
    And no, I'm not gonna do that before someone starts..

That would would be my advise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

Stick it on BUY&SELL for €1000 and come down €100 each week you get no responses. Not sure many people will buy a car with 182K these days. Worth a try.
    If not try advertising on Freecycle for a loving owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Collegue of mine had a 99KE plated 1.4 Megane 5dr with a blown head gasket. Was sitting on his drive for 3 months rotting until he stuck it in the buy & Sell last Friday for €400.

Before lunch on Monday he'd had 22 calls about the car and just told everyone it was available for viewing at 7pm Monday night. By 7.30 he had €400 cash in his hand.

Always worth trying to get something for it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

hmmm.. sounds like a plan to me..

Might pop it in there over the weekend..

Cheers for the responses guys :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I might even sell her for spares as the tyres on her are brand new.. not even 500 miles on em.. Firestone too..

Ahh well such is life.. :rolleyes:

Advertisement