Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using old MP3 player HDD in USB enclosure?

Options
  • 07-09-2007 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm getting a new mp3 player, and I don't think I'm going to get much for selling my old 60GB Creative Zen Xtra (it's an old one, not "Vision").

The 60GB HDD itself could be handy though. I've never opened up the mp3 player, but I understand they use 2.5" laptop hard drives?

Should I be able to buy a USB 2.5" IDE enclosure and put it in there to use as an external HDD? I suppose a Windows NTFS format should remove whatever filing system is already on it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Yeah thats do-able this is the kit you need it comes with the adapter to turn the connection into PATA IDE cables (no SATA support) & a bracket to mount the HD in the computer (although you may need this for 5.25 bays).

For external usage this will do the job. You may want to look around here for dismantling tips.

Advertisement