Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blonde Blonde Blonde

• 07-09-2007 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hey I am wondering if someone can please help...

My hair is blonde but I can never get it the way I want it, id love my hair to be really blonde

1st ly do I need to be getting an all over colour or full head of highlights

2nd can anyone recommend a really good hair dressers?

Id like hair like this pic :p

hair.doc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I find SitStil on Drury Street brilliant! I've never come out of there unhappy. They don't run a production line service, all of their stylists listen to what you want and they really take the time to make sure you're getting the best hair colour and cut you want!

I always feel really well looked after there.

Anne-Marie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭lilly07

where is drury street?

and how much is say full head highlights?

It's in Dublin city centre, parallell to George's Street, the back entrance to the George's Street Arcade is on Drury Street :)

They have a website here which I think has the price list on it, I can't remember how much they are off the top of my head (no pun intended :p)

thats actually quite reasonable just the same as what I am paying at the moment

are u blonde amz? just not sure if i need to be getting highlights or full colour

I'm a natural blonde, very, very fair hair, I've gotten highlights (well low lights really) to darken it, was quite happy with them, but then decided to go back to natural colour.

However, I got an all over tint put in yesterday, a honey blonde, just to tone down my hair colour a bit, I had two stylists discussing what colours would be best for my hair and my colouring etc. I'm so pleased with the result as I've never done anything more than highlights. So to know that they weren't being rash or just agreeing with what I wanted was nice.

Plus they do free fringe trims which are great for just tidying up my hair cut!

• Advertisement

I also am an natural blonde but have darkened over the years... I look ridiculous with dark hair and I love having really blonde hair, not platnuim white just a lovely bright blonde...

I am never happy with my hair after a week of leaving the hair dressers, it always seems to be horrible...

Are they hard to get an appointment with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

lilly07 wrote:
    I also am an natural blonde but have darkened over the years... I look ridiculous with dark hair and I love having really blonde hair, not platnuim white just a lovely bright blonde...

I'm in the same boat, naturally blonde but it's a dark 'dirty' blonde. I love being bright blonde and get highlights every 3 months or so. I go to Toni and Guy on Clarendon street and I really like the colour my hair is now.
    Your best bet is to call in to a salon, bring the picture you posted above and ask what's the best way to go about it, a lot will depend on your hair colour now and the condition your hair is in.

I love being bright blonde but it is such hard work to maintain!

do you get full head highlights or an all over colour...

I know I love haveing bright blonde hair but the maintanence is hard and esp that I am a full time student... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

lilly07 wrote:
    Hey I am wondering if someone can please help...

My hair is blonde but I can never get it the way I want it, id love my hair to be really blonde

1st ly do I need to be getting an all over colour or full head of highlights

2nd can anyone recommend a really good hair dressers?

Id like hair like this pic :p

hair.doc

The girl in that picture has a full colour. They are really difficult to upkeep especially for blondes. Why don't you start looking through magazines and cut out a photo and bring it with you. The colour sort of looks like jessica simpsons colour - she is always in magazines!

lilly07 wrote:
    Are they hard to get an appointment with?
    I haven't found them hard to make an appointment with, but I'm usually not too restricted with times etc. I've found Tina really, really good and helpful, she's done my hair the last three or four times and I couldn't have been happier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

well John Adam in Cleary's did my highlights when i was Blond and they did them Too bright. i can only imagine if you specifically ask for really bright highlights...

Advertisement