Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snooker galway

Options
  • 07-09-2007 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

what snooker clubs are there in galway city?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

There's one on Eglinton Street upstairs above the pound shop. Right hand side as you're heading towards the courthouse. I think there might be one in salthill somewhere too. I've played in Eglinton street and its a fairly nice spot,quiet most of the time. At lunchtime during the school year you get a good few young lads in there but they're well behaved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Drift wrote:
    I think there might be one in salthill somewhere too.

Cesars(spelling?) palace as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

The best is the Mechanic's Institute, Middle St. It's private, and there's no women allowed (Delicious) so you'll need to know a member who will bring you in. Two quid an hour on a beautiful old tournament size table.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Drift wrote:
    I think there might be one in salthill somewhere.
    Seapoint used to have some tables upstairs but they were the smaller size ones. I'm not sure of the dimensions but they were bigger than your average pool table. I'm also not sure if they're actually there any more. It's been a few years since I was out there :)
    The best is the Mechanic's Institute, Middle St.
    I've never heard of the Mechanic's Institute. Where exactly is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

The Eglington is quality - I've only been to Caesars once, but I didn't like the place tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    The Eglington is quality - I've only been to Caesars once, but I didn't like the place tbh.

I used frequent eglington a fair bit too, it's a decent place.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

malice_ wrote:
    I've never heard of the Mechanic's Institute. Where exactly is that?
    Middle Street! :p

(go down the alleyway by Ryan's (Shop St.), you will come out opposite the front of the Augustinian church, turn left, and it's just a few yards up on your left)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Middle Street! :p

(go down the alleyway by Ryan's (Shop St.), you will come out opposite the front of the Augustinian church, turn left, and it's just a few yards up on your left)
    Yeah I kinda figured it was on Middle street after the first post :) Interesting, I must ask around and see if anyone knows much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

It's opposite that fair trade shop, Dakini or something.

Advertisement