Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Duff?

• 07-09-2007 2:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Ermmm maybe ive missed something or have been living in a bubble the last couple of months but why is Damien Duff not on Ireland team sheet for the upcoming games? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

The same reason for him not being in the Newcastle team since the start of the year :rolleyes:...Knee injury, I do believe

EDIT: I stand corrected by me peers here. It's an ankle injury and not the start of the year buit more like since April or so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

darkman2 wrote:
    Ermmm maybe ive missed something or have been living in a bubble the last couple of months but why is Damien Duff not on Ireland team sheet for the upcoming games? :rolleyes:

Pretty impressive bubble you've been in :p , he's out with an injured ankle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I know, I thought its time to burst it now and expand my question - since no Duff - Is Stephen Hunt an adequate replacement? - I know he is good but is he that good? I now have to re examine my thoughts on the upcoming games - downward I think:( Or perhaps the Reading lads will come good? Im confuzzled now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

back when it happened there was word he wouldnt make any more of the qualifiers, dont know if this is still the case though...kinaldo oh man of Newky knowledge?

Id say Hunt is the man for the job alright, I think he'd do ok, he's no duffer, but he's still full of pace effort and directness, but you never know with Stan. Wouldnt be surprised to see Zinedine K start out left :(

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Wouldnt be surprised to see Zinedine K start out left :(

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: You must be fuppin jokin...........:eek: Id rather see Shea Given on the left tbh!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

This hardly needed a new thread did it? At this stage I thought most Ireland fans would realise that if Damien Duff isn't in the squad or team, its due to injury... Obviously I was wrong.

His godliness is worthy of a new thread :mad:

Well, maybe a tad OTT in retrospect but, hey, at least I got to open it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

yea i reckon hunt is a good replacement for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Kilbane will definitely start v Slovakia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

darkman2 wrote:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: You must be fuppin jokin...........:eek: Id rather see Shea Given on the left tbh!!!!
    Despite the numerous faces interjected into your post - I have to strongly disagree with you on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Duffer wont be back till November, thats the latest ive heard from NUFC anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

darkman2 wrote:

Whos this Shea Given? Some kind of Shay Given/John O Shea halfbreed?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Losing Duff is no huge loss in my opinion. He simply isn't the player he used to be. I'd be more than happy with A. Reid on the left wing and McGeady on the right.

Advertisement