Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glassy seas

Options
  • 07-09-2007 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

There's not so much as a ripple on the water and no sign of a wave for weeks :( How do I save my sanity in these situations, bar flying off to distant lands for a surf or dropping sticks of dynamite into the water to make waves? Are there any (well known) spots that might magically produce a wave despite the lack of waves everywhere else? Should I sell my board and take up knitting instead?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭DAVE_K

Use this time to work on your fitness.

Make sure the next time you get out your performance isn't hindered by being knackered.

Swimming, running, weights or whatever floats your boat!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 cjs_surf

cornbb wrote:
    There's not so much as a ripple on the water and no sign of a wave for weeks :( How do I save my sanity in these situations, bar flying off to distant lands for a surf or dropping sticks of dynamite into the water to make waves? Are there any (well known) spots that might magically produce a wave despite the lack of waves everywhere else? Should I sell my board and take up knitting instead?

Tall stool spiced rum, ice, lime, coke lots of :D

Birdy told me that Clare was good today but will be flat tomorrow !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

cjs_surf wrote:
    Birdy told me that Clare was good today but will be flat tomorrow !

Really? Hmm, I might jump in the car and head to Fanore so...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

In beside the cliffs in Tullan Strand, in Bundoran will have a surfable wave on a whales fart in the atlantic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 john_om_om

surfed in kerry during the week.... chest to head and glassy... keep a very close eye on charts and be wiling to travel

• Advertisement
Advertisement