Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Umbrellas

• 07-09-2007 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Where can I get a decent mens Umbrella that is actually fashionable? Either online or bricks and morter is fine.
    I'm sick of being rained on, but hate the options I have regarding umbrellas:

1) Cheap piece of crap from Spar/Londis/Mace that shatters at the slightest hint of a gust.

2) Permanent TSB emblazoned behemoth that blots out the Sun itself.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Department stores. Arnotts, Clery's, Brown Thomas etc..
    Dunnes, Penny's..

I wouldn't exactly consider umbrellas of any kind to be 'fashionable', but you can get mid sized ones, slightly better wearing than the cheap ones, and not so restrictive when it comes to looking up.

Wether or not to go for a straight handle, or a curvy handle.. Now that's the question..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

My boyfriend got a nice one in H&M menswear department.
    All black and light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no such thing as a fashionable mens umbrella. :p

hate the things so so much, especially walking down grafton st. i fear for my eyes. although that being said them umbrellas that are kind of domed shape are quite cool but they are womens umbrellas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭katiemac

I don't do umbrellas. I don't like them and find them quite cumbersome.
    I have had some near missies ducking and diving out of the way of other umbrella carriers.
    Buy yourself a nice rain mac instead - more fashionable.

Advertisement