Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pest control - please help!

Options
  • 07-09-2007 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all
    I have moved into a new house and there are tiny crawling insects, I'd call them mites but I've never seen them before so I don't know what they are. They are mainly around the windows and window sills but sometimes get further afield (e.g. into drawers). I also have a new baby in the house and am worried sick that they will get into the baby's clothes / bedding. I have looked in supermarkets and DIY stores and have seen no products to tackle this. WE sprayed the window sills with vinegar and this seems to have made a small improvement but not wiped them out totally.
    Does anyone know what these are and how to tackle them?
    Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

They sound like those mites that you find in books and dusty places, not dust or house mites, but bigger bugs.
    I'm sure that they won't affect the baby in any way, but the best way of ridding them is to wash away their food source - which in most cases is skin and dust accumulations. Wash and vacuum the source and this will go most of the way to reducing them.

Do they look like these guys...?
    laptop_mites.jpg
    http://images.whatsthatbug.com/mites.html

(See Computer Loving Mites)

Advertisement