Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lookin for a deep worktop

Options
  • 07-09-2007 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭

Yello,

moving a bathroom at the moment and i want to build a small vanity unit with washbasin.

as the unit will be in line with the bath it will be quite deep front to back, either 750 or 800mm depending on the bath thats chosen.

I'm wondering does anyone have a suggestion for a source of a deeper than normal worktop for this job?

I dont mind too much if i have to buy a full length as i will also be doing a utility room soon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Standard worktops (i.e Formica etc) can be got in depths of 600/650 and 900mm, 900mm is required for angled corners where the worktop is deeper. I'd expect these to be available anywhere really, Noyeks would do a good price. They could also be available in depths of 1,200mm for islands etc although are probably rarer.

Hardwood worktops are available from the likes of the Panelling Center in depths of 600, 900 and 1200 mm... these can be pricey, some of them could be €3,000 or more for a 3m x 1,200mm hardwood. Noyeks should also have these... or the likes of B&Q for standard worktops.

Cheers
    Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

I ended up getting sorted in the kitchen centre, in cork. they were very helpful unlike a lot of other people who looked at me like i was mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 szd

Hi you can get the extra width ones in Express kitchens in fairhill in cork they actually have them in stock I got a 900 in feb it cost about €270 for the length

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭heirenach

You would be better bring a hard board template and to your local granite supplier.they would have offcuts of different stones and you would probally get one for alot less than buying a full length of worktop and it be a lifelong job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

interesting idea alright, bit late now mind, but interesting none the less.

i'll be using up the most of the rest of the worktop in the utility room so its not a complete waste.

express kitchens, 270, damm that was decent value

• Advertisement
Advertisement