Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best campus to be?

Options
  • 07-09-2007 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there folks,
    Looking at doing a Masters at DIT, have been out of the academic loop for a number of years and just wondering what to expect from the college in terms of clubs and societies?
    Is it a lively place? Nice mix of Dub and non-Dubs?!
    Which are the best campuses to be?..What’s Mountjoy Square like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

In terms of modernity, Aungier Street is of course the best but I suppose you really just have to go to the campus that does a course you want to do! Kevin Street is old but has a magnificant atmosphere and, along with Aungier Street, has an even mix of the sexes and is not dominated by Dubs.

I don't particularly know mountjoy square but I know a girl who did a course there and she hated it [the course]. That's not dissing the actually building though.

Bolton street - I've heard - is mostly male and it's quite odd to see a girl there!

That's all I know really. I attended DIT betwwen 2000 and 2004 and then went to Carlow IT. Now, i'm going back to DIT Kevin Street for one more year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 gramur

Mountjoy Square is alright. Its quite small so everyones quite friendly. At the same time its quite removed from the other colleges and there doesn't tend to be alot of stuff going on in the area of clubs and socs. It can feel a bit isolated but then your not far from cathal brugha street and bolton street if you feel like making the effort. Its nice as a base but you really do have to travel if you're looking for excitement.

Oh and there is a huge imbalance between the sexes, females dominating. Whether thats a good or bad thing is up to you.

Advertisement