Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying ready built and overclocked pc from Overclockers.co.uk

Options
  • 07-09-2007 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I was looking at this setup on Overclockers.co.uk. Costs 1,806.96 EUR

I've priced the parts seperately and the difference is about €200 lower for self build, but as you will see, The Processor, an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz come pre-overclocked to X6950+ 3.40GHz+.

Now, the reason I would buy this setup pre-built is because I've only built one pc before years ago and want to buy a new one for serious gaming, but couldn't really be bothered building myself!

Could you guys tell me if its good value and if the technology is up to date!

Cheers for any advice. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Toolbag

That's a good high end PC with no components skimped on. If you have the money and don't want to build as you do this is a good option.

Some thoughts:
    Don't forget an operating system and a monitor with a decent resolution to take advantage of that GTX.
    I'd be wary of whether or not the installed components can stand up to shipping, particularly that Tuniq tower.
    The system as a whole probably won't have any warrenty so ensure all the components have their boxes and accessories shipped.

Advertisement