Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone suggest a good Wireless Router as mine keeps loosing connection

Options
  • 07-09-2007 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi All,

I want to get a new wireless router. I have a linksys, but i have never been able to get it to work properly. It will work for a few hours then bang all connection goes and no matter what i do i cant get it back. While wired connection through the router is fine. I then reconfigure it and after a few hours the same thing...

I will post the make and model later when i get home

Anyone got any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

It might night be down to the router at all. Try changing the channel used for wifi, e.g. change it from 6 to 1. There are plenty devices which can cause trouble with wireless networks, such as cordless phones, video senders and so on. Even the neighbours' wifi can interfere with your network if broadcasting on the same channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 loyalty4u

Thank you for your advise i will give it a try tonight

Advertisement