Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

my car radio problems, can u help?

Options
  • 07-09-2007 5:58pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I am the recent proud owner of a Citroen C5, 1.8ltr and a lovely drive.
    Everything is grand except for one small thing thats driving me nuts, the incar stereo.
    It works just fine at a standstill, playing all the stations and the CD player as it should with the engine running or just the electrics on at the key, no worries.

The problem starts when I am driving, it just won't read a CD when the car is moving, it tries to read them then spits them out.
    Now, if I already have one playing before I pull off, then they continue to play just fine, but if I pop the CD out and pop in another one, no dice, spits it out.

Now I assume there must be electrical interference from the engine, but then you'd surely hear it over the speakers, which i don't.

This is the second time this has happened to me, it occured when I owned an Almera and I ended up changing the head unit, not really an affordable option with the C5 as the player is integral and replacing it with another is big bucks, adapting a standard ISO cd head unit is an option but I lose the dash display and the adaptor to continue using the remote is serious money again.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

That sounds well weird. It could be something as simple as dirt on the lens. While I don't have much faith in CD lens cleaners, it could be worth your while giving one a go. Other than that the HU is going to need to be repaired/replaced.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Feck, might as well go the whole hog then and buy a decent one so, just take the hit and pick up the various required adaptors too.
    Why oh why do 2nd hand cars wind up costing do much more than in the 1st place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Did you buy from a dealer? If it's recent should be still under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Dunno about Citroen radios, but many OEM ones have updateable firmware - maybe this might be something fixable like that?

Advertisement