Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death note

Options
  • 07-09-2007 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭

yes can find out what happens
    Viz Media has confirmed the names of the voice actors for its English-language release of Death Note. Brad Swaile and Alessandro Juliani will voice the two main leads, Light Yagami and L. Swaile is well-known as an anime voice actor, having voiced Quatre in Gundam Wing, Dearka in Gundam Seed, and Rock in Black Lagoon. Juliani has also contributed his voice to numerous cartoons, videogames and anime, but has recently moved into a career as an actor. He is currently featured in the science fiction television series Battlestar Galactica, playing Lt. Gaeta.

Brian Drummond (Allen in The Vision of Escaflowne; Andy Waltfeld in Gundam Seed) will play Ryuk, while the voice actor for Misa will be Shannon Chan-Kent. Additional voice actors lending their voices to this dub will include:

Rem: Colleen Wheeler
    Soichiro Yagami: Chris Britton
    Matsuda: Vincent Tong
    Mogi: John Murphy
    Raye Penber: Michael Adamthwaite
    Aizawa: Trevor Devall
    Ukita: Jeremy From
    Naomi Misora: Tabitha St. Germain
    Ide: Brian Dobson

Several of these names were first announced at the Ocean Studios panel at Vancouver's Anime Evolution convention, which was held on August 18-20. At the panel, Ocean representatives also mentioned that they had dubbed twelve episodes of Death Note so far, and that the roles of Near and Mello were not yet cast.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Dont want to get banned for giving details, but some sub group released the last few episodes under another name.

On that note, whats boards policy on talking about subs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

From the charter;
    Threads about downloading licensed anime or manga are not allowed. Threads about downloading fansubbed anime or manga are allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Aye so you can chat away about Death Not etec but can't give any links to downloads anymore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

since you talking about it what the legality of downloading the old death note or any animes episodes released before they got licensed, old naruto or Bleach.
    there were out before that and i know the torrents of them have not gone so what the deal is it illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Once a show has been licensed all fansubs - be they old or still being produced - are not allowed be discussed. Most fansub groups drop a show and request that you stop sharing their old episodes once it has been licensed. Hope that clears it up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

thanks for that. When you said sharing is stoped ,is it ok to have them if you got them when they were released

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Legally no, its copyright infringment.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 CitizenGeek

Looking forward to the Death Note dub, so I am! ^_^

I've watched the series, which I thought was fantastic so I'm looking forward to being able to watch it on TV, in English. I hope we get Ryuk figures with volume 1 like the US is getting, and like Japan already got.

Can't wait :)
    But I wonder what the voices sound like. I always like the japanese ones better. It's just not anime without them...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A few bits of Death Note News....

1. Death Note: Rebirth was on last week, and is available from the usual sources. Its the english dub version of the anime series.

2. Death Note Anime Conclusion: Directors Cut is out too (English subbed version). Don't know much about it, but I assume its the epilogue episode that was promised a few months ago (maybe an extended final episode?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Anime Conclusion is a 2 hour recap movie up until L's exit (arguably the better half of the series). Its bookended with some new Ryuk content (about 2-3 minutes of new material)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 neveroddoreven

I freaking love Deathnote. I watched the first four episodes dubbed and couldn't wait any longer so am now watching them subbed. On episode 21 now but am a bit confused... hope it gets a bit better!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭randomcountdown

I freaking love Deathnote. I watched the first four episodes dubbed and couldn't wait any longer so am now watching them subbed. On episode 21 now but am a bit confused... hope it gets a bit better!!

It's about to well, never get better for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Art_Wolf wrote: »
    Once a show has been licensed all fansubs - be they old or still being produced - are not allowed be discussed. Most fansub groups drop a show and request that you stop sharing their old episodes once it has been licensed. Hope that clears it up :)

Hmm but most anime are licensed for distribution in Region 1 only, so wouldn't it be until they are licensed in region 2, Europe.

Anyways, just watched all of Death Note over the last week, thaught it was great. Second half of the season isnt amazing though, last 2 episodes were awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I never bothered watching the end of the series. I really should get around to it, I only have 4 episodes left. To be honest I was getting a bit sick of it. Some of the twists were stupid and it just felt dragged out.
    After L was killed and Near and Melo came into it I felt it went downhill pretty quickly.
    I already know the outcome of the conclusion so I'm not that pushed to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Yeah i felt the same, but i still liked it a lot, although he first half of the season was the highlight.
    kinda felt that near and mello were sorta pointless just around to replace L, would've preferred an ending similar to the film adaptation where L is the one who defeats Light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Vengeance

robby^5 wrote: »
    Yeah i felt the same, but i still liked it a lot, although he first half of the season was the highlight.
    kinda felt that near and mello were sorta pointless just around to replace L, would've preferred an ending similar to the film adaptation where L is the one who defeats Light

Yeah, i agree. I still haven't seen the film adaptation though, unfortunately i can't get it anywhere.
    Near was crap, mello was alright though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

robby^5 wrote: »
    I mean generally when a character dies they are forgotten about but L was constantly being brought up after his death because that's how a great a character he is

Advertisement