Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prey

• 07-09-2007 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭

Anybody played this?? Picked it up this afternoon but haven't got a chance to try it out yet due to work :( Is it a solid FPS??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yes it is extremely solid. Like a better version of Doom3 with more gameplay gimmicks and originality. Runs out of steam near the end (and it is fairly short), but it is most certainly worth a play through.

Prepare for vertigo though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

How would you rate it against games like Rainbow Six or Call of Duty for action?? Are there ragdoll physics in it or is it just death animations? (I can't enjoy an FPS these days unless there's ragdolls in it...weird I know :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I honestly can't remember the last FPS I played that didn't have the Havok logo stuck on the box...

Tis a damn fine shooter, with one of the greatest intros of all time:)

Excellent. Looking forward to getting home and sitting down for a few hours with this.

Having played it up to level 6 or 7 over the weekend, I have to say I'm seriously disapointed with this. Its just the same crap over and over again. enemies spawn, shoot them, activate wall walkway, enemies spawn, shoot them, go through portal next level. Any ideas on how much i'd get to trade this is in in gamestop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Not alot, there always seem to be a plentiful supply of them when I look in the second hand section.

I'm not surprised!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

try xtravision, I got 36 euros instore credit for prey and perfect dark a couple months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Even though the enemies are nothing new I thought all the portal playing around was a breath of fresh air, especially when you get shrunk a couple of times. Well worth a play through anyway. Blue Oyster Cult FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Prey was a classic. Its got a great story, a nice twist (wall walking, portals) and a great setting (the sphere is awesome) one of my fave games of last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

There's no point in trading it. Xtra Vision, who give the best prices, have it for 15quid second hand. So you'll get about a fiver for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Johnny Blue

the music for prey is great though i love it haha took me ages 2 find aswell haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Bought it on the PC for something like 7 euro. Good game, but not very challenging (since, like BioShock, you can't actually die), but I suppose that is just a realization that everyone quick-saves anyway.

The story tends to drag on a bit, every time you think you are near the end there is a "twist" and another bit to do. But still a solid game with some very interesting levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

prey is pants -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

prey is pants -
    Because pants are YOUR prey? Underpants gnomes have no place on these boards, away! :D

Advertisement