Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBOX Live help!

• 07-09-2007 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Evening, im trying to get my 360 on to xbox live to get the COD4 demo.
    The problem being as its never been online before it wants an update.
    When i click "yes update" i get the message after maybe 30 seconds saying
    Cant download the update. Please test your connection in system, network settings and try again

I ran the system check thing and all that happened was it apparently passed the test and went on to download the update but got the same error message again.

Im using the Netopia modem, eircoms standard wireless one(using network cable to connect to the xbox)

Any help would be greatly appreicated as those beta keys wont wait forever:D

Thanks,

kink

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Try going into your router settings via a PC and setting the firewall setting to low. This worked for me, was having the same problems first time I tried to connect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

yeah its the firewall as DarkJager said
    Happened to me aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

DarkJager wrote:
    Try going into your router settings via a PC and setting the firewall setting to low. This worked for me, was having the same problems first time I tried to connect.

Thanks Jager, that did the trick:)

Advertisement