Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony w660i on 3

• 07-09-2007 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

anyone got any feedback on the sony w660i.
    saw one in the 3Store in Limerick today, looks really nice but don't know anyone using it.
    Also don't know anyone on the network, are they good, coverage etc...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I am thinking along the same lines, picking up this phone and sell/abandon my Nokia 6151, whose battery life is just a joke. Battery down to half after one day even with minimum usage.

I have read a few reviews about the W660i, saying that it's a great phone, with good battery life, nice walkman implementation, FM radio with RDS and TrackID , and other nice features.

Have anyone seen if any Xtravision are selling this phone? Would like to pick it up with their offer where you get three free DVD's when buying a new phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

im thinking of getting the w580i...already have the k610i so wanna try out a slide down phone...might get the w660i though looks good..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

W580i isn't great. Very flimsy. I much prefer the older W850i.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I got a w660i as an upgrade, i'm currently debating whether I should use this or my w850i. The phones from a usability standpoint are pretty much identical, same UI, same mp3 player. The w660 is definitely prettier, and the screen is somewhat clearer and brighter. The camera is much more responsive, but it doesn't have a light any more, so that's a downside. The w660 is smaller and lighter, the buttons also feel much better to press.

The only downsides for me so far are that it uses the new teeny tiny memory stick format, which will mean forking out for a rather expensive memory stick if I want more than 512 megs of music, despite the fact that I've a bunch of duos at home. And the camera light thing, but I rarely use the camera on my phone, so it's only a slight annoyance.

I don't think it's a worthwhile buy if you want a phone with a good camera-that's not what the w line of phones are about though, so it kind of goes without saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Picked one up yesterday for my fiancee yesterdat and she loves it.
    Track ID with a link to the 3 Music Store is especially "cool", and is much faster then my nokia to load onto Planet 3.
    I think it's a steal at €199 with the €100 credit.:D

• Advertisement

Ah cool, walkman. Does the trackid work on 3pay with the addons?

Hey Flodis79, woh don't need any add-on to use trackID.
    You just use the link to the musuc store and buy the track:D

You need data for the program to be able to connect to the Gracenote database... Perhaps it's online linked to their own music store, which makes it bad, since everything is not in there... Can someone clarify on this?

No flodis got no mobile add-on and still worked.
    The link to the music store is after it searches the web for title etc...
    It's free:D

Advertisement