Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New RS6 advant.

Options
  • 07-09-2007 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

I don't post here much but THIS thing blew me mind. 580HP, an extra 73HP on top of the BMW M5 estate:eek:
    Jesus, Audi are bringing out a few new cars lately and all are real nice.
    Wonder will this fair up to the M5?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I've just changed my mind about my lotto car..........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Plug wrote:
    I think the simple answer to that is "it will" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,387 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That is one cool car :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

There should really be a 'stealth pack' option on that type of car. I'd love one, but not looking like that. If it looked like a 2.0 TDI, though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Here's the bumf on Audi's official site-
    http://www.audi.com/audi/com/en2/models.html
    Scroll right to the A6 Avant and select the RS 6 model.

...and the official video-

2008 RS 6; some day, you will be mine.
    (after a few years depreciation on a used one)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

It's one thing buying an estate over a coupe or saloon because you need the extra space etc. But it's another thing having to buy an estate because there is nothing else. Estates are inherently not cool, and I never could figure out Audi's logic.

The 4-door RS4 is soooo much nicer than the 5-door station wagon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

There'll be a saloon version along shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

JHMEG wrote:
    Estates are inherently not cool, and I never could figure out Audi's logic.
    I think the idea that estates are less 'cool' than saloons is a peculiarly Irish thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

If you thought estates weren't cool that would help change your mind. It's a beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

The Quattro-style blisters are meant to be a nod to Audi heritage but for me it just doesn't work - far too heavy-handed a gesture.

This perverse pleasure the Germans seem to derive from mega-horsepower monster saloon/estates is a bit bewildering also. Don't get me wrong, the world is a better place for cars like this but really...what's the point of of a 580bhp estate? It'll get an entertaining feature Top Gear's airfield with JC shouting "P-O-W-E-R!!" and little Hamster jumping up-and-down wetting himself in glee but apart from that?

The RS4 I kinda get - it's an iron fist in a velvet glove, compact size and lovely sound. But the RS6 Avant? Nah...just a load-lugging penis extension...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2stageturbo

eamon234 wrote:
    If you thought estates weren't cool that would help change your mind. It's a beauty.
    Im an estate fan!:)
    Accord,Impreza,Legacy,Galant to name but a few!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Anan1 wrote:
    I think the idea that estates are less 'cool' than saloons is a peculiarly Irish thing.

If you drive on the continent, you'll notice that in the A4 and A6-sized segments, 80% of the cars are estates - In Ireland only 10% of them are estates...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Plug wrote:
    I don't post here much but THIS thing blew me mind. 580HP, an extra 73HP on top of the BMW M5 estate:eek:
    Jesus, Audi are bringing out a few new cars lately and all are real nice.

fine car alright.....estates ARE cool too.

But it's not advant.....it's avant. Just to be pedantic :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Audi estates are the nicest in the business, this one just takes them up by 2 notches

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

An estate is as stealth as them come. The last thing you are expecting is a v10 estate barrelling past you in your porsche on the 'Ring.

Audi can do with an estate that no other car maker can do. They bring refinement, style, and loads of power for when it's needed, and the car is as sexy as anything. They almost, and some some cases do, look better than the saloon, and the cabrio too.

I just want one in black now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

Type 17 wrote:
    If you drive on the continent, you'll notice that in the A4 and A6-sized segments, 80% of the cars are estates - In Ireland only 10% of them are estates...

Quite true. Spent a good deal of time in Switzerland last year. An awful lot of big engined cars over there and every second car is an estate. Probably because can fit skis into the boot etc...

I really hate that we're such a bunch of small engined losers in this country because of VRT and Insurance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I could have swore I saw a black saloon RS6 this morning in Maynooth...

it had those new lights in ths main front lamps that have the strip light along the bottom

absolutely GORGEOUS

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

CarLover wrote:
    I really hate that we're such a bunch of small engined losers in this country because of VRT and Insurance ;)

Is VRT and insurance higher on estates than on saloons?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

eoin_s wrote:
    Is VRT and insurance higher on estates than on saloons?
    I think its just on engine size, its still only a family car. Could be wrong though.

Advertisement