Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card 6-12months interest free?

Options
  • 07-09-2007 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi guys i am looking for my first credit card, i have had one for 2 years now linked to my dads account just to see how i got on, and now i am looking for one of my own.

Are there any availible with 6-12months interest free for the first year?other rates really dont effect me as i have never missed a full payment and i only use them usually for tickets and small onlne purchases.

Any help would be great

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you only purchase small items and you pay it off in full, interest free periods wouldn't really matter as you wouldn't be paying interest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Damn sorry guys it posted in my girlfriends account, thanks for the reply buffybot, you see i want to kill two birds with one stone i have one big purchase which i am say 1-2 grand short but which i can pay back over a very short period (1-2months) so i was thinking now would be a good time to get the new card, am i misstaken? are there other options i am overlooking?

thanks in advance guys

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You've got plenty of options

http://www.bankofireland.ie/html/gws/personal/credit_card/our_product/General_Content_1000155.html
    could be one

Halifax are also offering 6 months interest free on new credit card accounts, with a low rate after, while Ulster Bank offers one with 9 months interest free, but the after offer rate is higher than Halifax. I'd say something like Halifax's offer might be worth looking into in the circumstances you describe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

First Active do 9 months interest free on purchases and so do Ulster Bank

Advertisement