Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scumbags trying to act hard...

• 07-09-2007 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

I was on the DART today, as we were approaching Howth Junction, a bunch of scum began to debate getting off there or the next one, obviously to go to some equidistant(not their words, it goes without saying) place(crack den?). For these 3, 2 15/16 year olds and another who was about 19, the deciding factor was that Howth Junction was the better option, in case one of the 15 year olds "gets see-yin" in Killbarrack.

Is this just a case of stupid scumbags? Or, is there a more sinister and complicated pseudo sub-culture of which they are members?

Anyone else hear of similar stuff, anywhere in the country?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

obl wrote:
    I was on the DART today, as we were approaching Howth Junction, a bunch of scum began to debate getting off there or the next one, obviously to go to some equidistant(not their words, it goes without saying) place(crack den?). For these 3, 2 15/16 year olds and another who was about 19, the deciding factor was that Howth Junction was the better option, in case one of the 15 year olds "gets see-yin" in Killbarrack.

Is this just a case of stupid scumbags? Or, is there a more sinister and complicated pseudo sub-culture of which they are members?

Bunking off from school in Kilbarrack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

No school there anymore. Quite frankly the lad, by the looks of him, hadn't been to school in quite a few years, if ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

ah yeh those type of lads are everywhere now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

obl wrote:

HAY we dont take kindly to dermm folks around ere !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

HAY we dont take kindly to dermm folks around ere !
    now skeeter they aint hurting nobody.

But why would you drop out of school, i know at that age its boring and crap, its boring and crap in my course in college too, but at least you'd get a job and pay for non scumbag things (like cake).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

yeah that part of dublin is starting to get abit out of control, u don't really feel safe walking around baldoyle, donaghmede or kilbarrick anymore.
    obl wrote:
    No school there anymore. Quite frankly the lad, by the looks of him, hadn't been to school in quite a few years, if ever.

KINGER!! u have no say in this matter!! ;) ,yeah its gone and they all moved into neasains and caused evenmore havok between baldoyle and kilbarrick.

Well kilbarrack isnt as bad as it use to be
    when i first moved down here i got muged several times lol

But then again i have been seeing alot more gangs of mid teens around
    actualy they set some polish familys car on fire in there garden just down the road one night little pricks now there moving :(

I blame the parents and the lack of authority figures
    i had a x navy guy for a step dad growin poppa didnt raise no punk.

allen175 wrote:
    yeah that part of dublin is starting to get abit out of control, u don't really feel safe walking around baldoyle, donaghmede or kilbarrick anymore.

Or Howth for that mmmmmmmmmatter. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

so bascially 3 blokes got off a train

what's the point of this thread, how many babies were eaten?:confused:

clown bag wrote:
    so bascially 3 blokes got off a train

what's the point of this thread, how many babies were eaten?:confused:

The point of this thread is scumbags: Do they act hard, or are they seriously about to start a street war. Involving Bread knives and all that crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

obl wrote:
    Or Howth for that mmmmmmmmmatter. ;)

Raaaaly? Thats fabalus!

obl wrote:
    The point of this thread is scumbags: Do they act hard, or are they seriously about to start a street war. Involving Bread knives and all that crap.
    Maybe the point is that nothing of interest happened and your imagination is running wild? What exactly happened that makes you think world war 3 was about to break out?

The fact that scumbags are scared to walk their traditional strongholds. No offence.

I've read your op 3 times now trying to find something I missed but it seems like 3 blokes got off a train one stop early because one lad (16) didn't want to be seen. Was it specifically because someone was going to batter him or is the reason unknown and you leaped into sky news reporting mode.

Maybe he was suppose to be shopping for his mother, maybe he told his g/f he was somewhere else, maybe he was avoiding anyone for any reason. I'm just not seeing the mad max scenario here, only a lot of assumptions because you didn't like the look of them.

I'm not picking on you, I just don't see the juicy story here.
    3 lads getting off a train = buying crack in an abandoned flat before they move onto Tina turner and the thunder dome?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Totally lost here. Maybe it's cos it's late... I've no idea..

I hear ya.
    **Adds SKY News to list of potential employers**

But they were all on about his safety, and did they really want to risk him being seen there. Maybe he did forget to buy milk, and they were just making something of nothing to seem hard.
    dlofnep wrote:
    Totally lost here. Maybe it's cos it's late... I've no idea..

It's because it's Dublin stuff... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

obl wrote:
    Quite frankly the lad, by the looks of him, hadn't been to school in quite a few years, if ever.

Because he didn't have the official "I waz n skool" tatoo on his forehead? Because he was wearing Nike tracksuit bottoms? Because he kinda scared you? Because he had his hair shaved short? Because no reason? Because you felt intimidated and that made you feel like less of a man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

obl wrote:

In trying to make yourself appear superior to the "scumbags" you've let me with the question.......

"WTF did all that mean"?.....

Haven't a bloody clue what your trying to say!. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Maybe they aren't the scumbags, maybe the people they are afraid to be seen by are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

obl wrote:

Maybe you should have started talking about it in... wait for it... wait for it... the Dublin City forum.

TBH it belongs here.

• Advertisement

Raaaaly? Thats fabalus!

Good golly gosh jives there is a scum bag walking down by the sea front with a stronger dublin accent than us i do say he must be scum on thowst way to what you call a crack den quickly jives callith forth thee Garda Siochana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Steez

Good golly gosh jives there is a scum bag walking down by the sea front with a stronger dublin accent than us i do say he must be scum on thowst way to what you call a crack den quickly jives callith forth thee Garda Siochana.

Isn't it Jeeves? Never heard of a Jives. Sounds like a fruit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

obl wrote:

What's wrong with the Dublin City board? Have you been banned or something?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If I were a betting gal, I'd put money that they chose Howth Junction to get off at cos you're less likely to be stopped by CIE staff. Fare dodgers know these things...er, so I hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ah yes, deciding where to get off. They were obviously hard.

Why is there this phenomenon of the "Hardness" police. People must be called out if they're in some way trying to "act hard". This implies that they are in fact, not "hard" and the person who is calling them out is in fact "hard".

I see this a lot as a mod. "Hey I bet you think you're real hard banning me!". Usually followed by the ironic "I'll kick the ****e out of you in real life."

Yes, because clicking a mouse twice is the ultimate bravado act, and of course, without ever having met me, you can obviously kick the crap out of me.

Who gives a crap really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Maybe they were snobs and wouldn't be caught dead being seen in Kilbarrack?

Steez wrote:
    Isn't it Jeeves? Never heard of a Jives. Sounds like a fruit.

no idea im to use to hearing names like padOooo and JohnOooo and DaveOooo
    basicly anyname with Oooo at the end and we cant forget the classic DeckOooo since i moved to kilbarrack about 11 years ago :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

What about the ol' favourite Anto! :D

Actually me and my bro were talking about the scumbags a week or two ago. And he thinks that they're starting to get chinese accents. Listen to them closely next time....seriously I couldn't stop laughin' hahaha

btw, another northsider here ;) not far from yourself KilbarrackBlows :)

Ahh stalker help me mods help meeee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

What the hell is the OP talking about??!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Ahh stalker help me mods help meeee

Shup or I'll mug ya :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

is it me or is the op trying to a really posh sounding guy, like "ive got money, and a nice house, and im rich andi get off with sexy women. aren't i great"

but hes coming off like " im a stuck up boy who belittles stangers to other strangers"

i dont get the point of the story, unless its a "skangers on the dart- what has become of the world" story. and what prove do we have that they are skangers. maybe they are rich boys playing dress up to rebel againnst daddy?

Op you are both condensending and judgemental. Build a bridge and get over it

yes he used to meny big words !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

obl wrote:

man ur talkin absolute gick :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭- bo -

Should we have a new section for 'Skangers on public transport stories'?

Its like every second thread begins with 'So I was on the DART/Dublin Bus/Bus Eireann, and there were these 2/3/4/5 skangers, and...'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

|Cookies wrote:
    hes talking about bad boys.

remember, you like them.

She made her bed and has to sleep with it....

Advertisement