Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Traffic Shaping?

Options
  • 07-09-2007 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi chaps,

I'm in D14 - got NTL installed today, the 6 meg Max package. The connection is working wonderfully except when I'm running any torrent software(uTorrent) or trying to log into an online game(City of Heroes)!

I couldn't log into City of Heroes until 5 minutes ago and after leaving uTorrent open all evening I've finally got some speed(before I was getting dl speeds of about 1 - 5 kb)

Can anyone confirm if they're traffic shaping between certain hours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 patrickd

Oh and the torrents are well seeded and the game servers were up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

All hours I think. I used to only run torrents between 1am and 8am and recently I've been getting no speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Look into newsgroups So much better than torrents full speed always. Only thing is it will cost you about 150 a year for access well worth it though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

This is already covered alot here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055132322

Please read and reply in that thread if you still have further queries

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement