Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

people and cars -v- the luas

• 08-09-2007 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭

maybe i should put this in commuting and transport but I was on the luas this evening about 10pm from Connolly to Red cow and at least 3 people jumped in front of it, walked in front of it even though the driver rang the bell, also 2 cars pulled out in front of it and once the driver had to use the emergency brake, whats the mentality behind people who do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

"if he hits me the state can pay for my damages, they have loads of money anyway"5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

no its coz they're in a hurry, and reckon that the luas man cant run over all 34 of the people so they feel safe enough to cross. same with the cars. 2 cars vs 1 LUAS. majority rules etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

"if he hits me the state can pay for my damages, they have loads of money anyway"5

i don't know i think some personal responsibility should be taken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

A few of the heavier trams like the Dutch have would sort it. Can't stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

The trouble is that people can do it and get away with it. Maybe the odd undue care and attention fine mightnt go astray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They should install cameras in the front of the Luas like what the traffic cops in the UK have in their cars. The footage should be used to fine people who perform these dangerous moves infront of the Luas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

They should install cameras in the front of the Luas like what the traffic cops in the UK have in their cars. The footage should be used to fine people who perform these dangerous moves infront of the Luas.

thats a good idea captain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I was with you until you suggested the fines. A public firing squad would be more suitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

eoin5 wrote:
    The trouble is that people can do it and get away with it. Maybe the odd undue care and attention fine mightnt go astray.

Screw that, the odd death mightn't go astray. Darwinism: 1, idiots: 0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The media have a role to play.
    If there is an accident they report "Luas hits car" when it clearly should be the other way around

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Spiked, electrified bull bars on the front of the Luas would do the trick.

Advertisement