Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB disconnects itself & does not conn. straight away?

Options
  • 08-09-2007 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i was gonna post on how good your ISP is til i noticed this last nite!

Eircom BB disconnects itself & does not conn. straight away?
    Has it happened to anyone
    I was on the site last nite & trying to reply when i thought the site was down & went to check other sites just in case! & turned out to be the conn.

I checked out the self-help after looking at the eircom page & noticed the DSL was live, but the BB was disconnected & wouldnt connect back up?

Done everything on the self-help, the result was contact the Cust-Supt :eek: The last time i done that was talking to some 'jonnyforeigner' called Sundy who really didnt know what day it was :rolleyes:

Tried a few extra things as i was desperate & probably cant recall what i done? as the broadband came on later on!!

IS THIS NORMAL FOR EIRCOM? as it sometimes happens when you dont want it to happen :confused:

OK rant over, phew!
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It is a bit rich for someone who cannnot or will not write in proper English to be attacking 'Johnny Foreigner'!

There is an option on most routers to keep the connection alive when it is not being used continuously. Have you got that option ticked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

dub45 wrote:
    It is a bit rich for someone who cannnot or will not write in proper English to be attacking 'Johnny Foreigner'!

It was late when i posted this & very pissed off at the time, so i didnt look at the spelling, but will keep an eye out for it.
    There is an option on most routers to keep the connection alive when it is not being used continuously. Have you got that option ticked?

No i dont know that option, where is it?
    Thanks.

Advertisement