Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES6 Rant

Options
  • 08-09-2007 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I have being playing PES6 a lot over the last year. I like it but the more it goes on the more it annoys me. I play it on the xbox 360 btw.

The thing the is getting me at the moment is the computer helping me out by causing defenders to slide tackle the opposition from behind in my penalty box. Is this happening to anyone else? I never noticed it before but recently it seems to happen regularly. It could be that my style of playing has changed slightly and this is triggering it, but whatever it is, it is annoying. I would be controlling one defender, be between the attacking player with the ball and the goal, about to use a simple tackle, and then one of my own guys comes from nowhere and gives away a penalty... this is costing me games!

And then there is the kind opposition on xbox live, always fair and looking for good game. The current playing populace is choosing Inter Milan more and more. .. If I pick my team to be Lisbon or Paris, inter milan isn't the fair alternative. When I choose Ireland, I'm faced with Brazil.

And it all boils down to your rating, I mean if you want to see a number go up, play with a calculator.

Soccer games and so are getting to a stage now, where the game play is just being tweaked year on year. How a game is balanced needs to be nearly set in stone. There should be rules that fifa or pro evo don't break that guarantees a certain balance to them. PES 6 is close, Adriano on a top rating being the main exception. But there are other little things also. When playing as a **** team against a good one. Crossing is favored for the good team far too much, I've lost too many games playing as a **** team to corners or crosses that I would win if I was playing as a top team.

And now back to the xbox live populace. It is getting more badly behaved recently. And it is bad sportsmanship. Griefing or gloating through replays is happening more. Yes I can see you scored a goal, I don't need to see it going in 50 times.

And finally no one has yet to give me the ball back when I kick it out of play so an injury substitution for my opponent can be made.

End rant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Why the hell are you kicking the ball out of play for your opponent? Thats just silly for a computer game. It's not like his players are actually in pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Sagacity

I don't know - they look in plenty of pain to me.

I was looking at it from a fair play point of view, if the player is a central defender, that is a big gap. What if it is a goalkeeper? The ball can stay in play for a quite a while in Pro Evo.

Although I must admit I don't know how much players are handicapped when injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

People acting like dicks on the internet? We must alert the authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

You know what I do with them fella's who pick Inter or Brazil? I see if he picks them and pretend I'm going for Man Utd or Ireland, and as quick as a flash I pick there team! This pisses them off and it's extreamly funny! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Sagacity wrote:
    But there are other little things also. When playing as a **** team against a good one. Crossing is favored for the good team far too much, I've lost too many games playing as a **** team to corners or crosses that I would win if I was playing as a top team.
    With the greatest repect, it sounds like you can't defend well enough.

Yes, even with the crap teams, if you're a good enough player, you should be able to deal sufficiently with most crosses from anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

Im sorry but I recently reached the point where if playing a ranked match and I see my opponent picking either Brazil or Inter I will log out.Im pig sick of being beaten by Adriano and his stupid unrealistic goals who BTW is so good in real life Inter were hawking him round half of europe during the transfer window to get shot of him.Not even West Ham would touch him.

And Im not a sore loser either I like nothing better than playing someone who picks a team off the beaten track and I appricate good play and players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

have to agree with sagacity about the sliding tackles in the box, it's happened me lots of times and is really fustrating.
    i actually hate it so much on 360 that i dont bother playing it at all and i've being playnig for years. the gameplay is useless compared to the ps2 version, it's still fun to play on that but the 360 version is lack lustre and has no transfer feature which is a ****ing joke altogether. hopefully pes 2008 will be 100 times better or i'm giving up on pes for good!:mad:

Advertisement