Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock- Wrench Only

Options
  • 08-09-2007 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭

I bought BioShock about a two weeks ago and i've finished it twice now. On medium and hard with both the endings.

I'm playing it again, this time using only the wrench and plasmids, and a friend of mine told me that if you do this you get special tonics and possibly plasmids.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

A friend of mine told me that if you do this you get special tonics and possibly plasmids.

A friend of mine once told me that he had slept with Pamela Anderson one night. I suspect, much like your friends claim, he was drunk, lying or very very wrong.

2K have yet to confirm any new tonics but clever nerds have digged into the code and managed to find hints thar there will be new plasmids released.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=82822

I would suspect that DLC (hopefully free,) would be the most likely case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Cheers, he may have been all three.
    The stuff about the new plasimids sounds exiting though, I wouldn't think they would charge for it. I think I'll do it wrench only any way, It's actually a lot of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Cheers, he may have been all three.
    The stuff about the new plasimids sounds exiting though, I wouldn't think they would charge for it. I think I'll do it wrench only any way, It's actually a lot of fun.

Ice Wrench + Full Melee upgrades ftw.

Yeah i finished it today, how sad am I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Don't look at this post if your still playing Bioshock, it'll spoil the ending for you...

But what the **** was Ryan doing? Why does he get you to hammer the golf club into his head? Why doesn't he fight back? Questions need answers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

CCCP^ wrote:
    Don't look at this post if your still playing Bioshock, it'll spoil the ending for you...

But what the **** was Ryan doing? Why does he get you to hammer the golf club into his head? Why doesn't he fight back? Questions need answers!
    He was making a point. He wanted to show you that you had no control over your actions. However, as the Vita Chambers are channelled to his own DNA, he may not be quite as dead as it would seem

He was making a point. He wanted to show you that you had no control over your actions. However, as the Vita Chambers are channelled to his own DNA, he may not be quite as dead as it would seem
    Ah, never thought of that, thats clever, so you think there may be a bioshock 2?

I thought that, but wouldn't he rather make the point with a statement like "i dare you NOT to kill me" and then have it proven when you cannot NOT kill him. It's confusing, because you have the choice to go for the little sister's or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ehh spoilers like for people who haven't cleared the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

CCCP^ wrote:
    I thought that, but wouldn't he rather make the point with a statement like "i dare you NOT to kill me" and then have it proven when you cannot NOT kill him. It's confusing, because you have the choice to go for the little sister's or not.
    It all stems down to 'Would You Kindly'. Up to that point in procedures, everything you do has been influenced by Fontaine / Atlas. Since the Little Sisters are of no use to them, 'Atlas' doesn't care whether you kill / save them. His whole goal is to take over Rapture, and you - a genetically modified 'son' of Ryan - have had only one function since birth - to return to Rapture and destroy Ryan. You have been hypnotised to do whatever Fontaine commands when he says 'Would You Kindly' - the package you have at the start probably contains the words too.

As for BioShock 2, it is almost a certainty. As for whether it will feature
    Ryan or Rapture
    or not is up for debate, but the possiblity is certainly there.

• Advertisement

The package says 'would you kindly not open until 58 degrees north 65 degrees west'

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I beat it once. too boring to play a second time so just watched the three endings with a viewer. :)

They should of left the censored ending in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

As for BioShock 2, it is almost a certainty. As for whether it will feature
    Ryan or Rapture
    or not is up for debate, but the possiblity is certainly there.

A certainty eh, where'd you hear this?

Gizzle wrote:
    A certainty eh, where'd you hear this?

Well since it has sold 1.5 million copies thus far, and probably Take 2's only profitable game of the year, I think that it is almost certain there will be a sequel. Take 2 have discussed making it a franchise with a new game every 2 years. http://www.gamespot.com/news/6178502.html

As for the makers, "no comment" is the offical response, but Im pretty certain there will be a BioShock 2 - or at least some other kind of Shock game.

Well system shock 3 is in the works but thats being made by the team that made the godfather.

Hey i've cleared the game, just couldn't get my head around Ryan's actions. I mean, if he knows your a puppet and working for Fontaine who wants Rapture for himself, then why let you succeed so easily? Was he making a point which you prove that you have no freewill? It's to strange way to demonstrate a point.

I'd love to see Bioshock 2, but it better not turn out to be some crap installment like Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil. They should take their que from Half-Life if they want to make a successful franchise and multi-player is a must.

Advertisement