Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting on Upper Rathmines road??? good idea?

Options
  • 08-09-2007 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,
    I am looking to rent a place on the upper rathmines road, just about a minute or two past Mother Reilly's. The place is not set far back off the road. I have been warned that rathmines is a real student area and that this street could be noisy (people heading home from bars and clubs).
    While I really like the place and like the nightlife in Rathmines myself I'm not sure if I want to listen to it every night.
    Does anyone know what it is like on this road? Is it really as bad as it sounds?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jessie7

Cheers.
    It's past the council flats, just past that chinese restaurant (zen i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ah, that's a bit of a different story. From your initial post I thought that you were closer to town. Living down past Zen should be OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Lived in that very part of Rathmines myself for a short spell and we had no trouble although it was a bit noisy at night sometimes with people out and about and the traffic was noisy, however there were students living in the basement flat of the house we were renting and they were really nice and told us if they were having parties, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jessie7

cheers guys. thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

I lived around the corner from Zen for over a year never had any problems with people comin out of bars or noise, just the local scum robbing car handles (just happened the once dont worry;))

• Advertisement
Advertisement