Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH should Ban Karoma

Options
  • 08-09-2007 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055147405

Another ban but this time from the Herr Moderator 'Karoma' - for apparently attacking 'the Poster and not the Post'. I made a critical comment about a moronic post supporting some rudee behaviour which most other posters have also criticise, some much more aggressively than I.

Yet the fair Herr hands a one ban, the same Herr tauts nazi iconography including SS + Hitler graphics within his sig, which in Germany would warrant a prosecution. Yet this pillar of moderation aside from his expressed personal interest in anal bleaching tells me he's tired of crap. I mean what credentials has he to determine what's 'crap' ?

Sick nazi grafitti with a clean white hole, what next? Ausloschen!!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wibble!

Fight da (Nazi) powah!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

HITLER! NAZIS! GERMANS! HERR!

More like HURRRRR!

You attacked a poster about his education, ignoring the post. You got what you deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Fight teh powah!!!

this isnt germany. its a privatly owned website, one of which Karoma was chosen to moderate one/many fora on it, and chosen by the admins, that gives him the right to decide whats crap and whats not. you don't have rights to post here, but you're being allowed to by the admins of the site. so what they say, or what the mods say, goes..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

firstly appealing anything in feedback is just going to make other mods post make fun of you and secondly , I had a look at the Sig after that post...

not exactly the swastikas and waving flag gifs I was expecting

Nazi%20Cat.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah.... Ban Karoma!

This one time when no else was watching I saw him sucking on his trousers and laughing!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You basically called the guy an idiot. How did you not see a ban coming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Sick nazi grafitti with a clean white hole, what next? Ausloschen!!

Now, THAT is funny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

What a letdown.

After such a big write-up about Karoma's sig I was disappointed at the sight of such a tiny little graphic, which is, by the way, a link to a forum I am denied access to. Grrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

The Hitler icon has been replaced, any further enquiries on nazi insignia you can contact Karoma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Yet the fair Herr hands a one ban, the same Herr tauts nazi iconography including SS + Hitler graphics within his sig, which in Germany would warrant a prosecution.
    We should definitely ban him from boards.de then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Crucifix wrote:
    We should definitely ban him from boards.de then.

Gott in himmel! There ist ein Boards.de? Vat ist ze vorld comming to mein Herrs (und frauen).

You did insult someone, op. How long is the ban for?

Will it show up on the ban list or is that only for site bans?

thrill wrote:
    Gott in himmel! There ist ein Boards.de? Vat ist ze vorld comming to mein Herrs (und frauen).

You did insult someone, op. How long is the ban for?

Will it show up on the ban list or is that only for site bans?

I didn't insult anyone, I did think for a split second, let it go but no, concluded that someone had no education or did not show the qualities of having had an education. The poster said nothing, but Herr whitewash hole is giving out bans.

No big deal about getting a ban, worth, the other poster made a tosser's comment.

Aber Schweine mit bad pics is out.

Fight teh powah!!!

this isnt germany. its a privatly owned website, one of which Karoma was chosen to moderate one/many fora on it, and chosen by the admins, that gives him the right to decide whats crap and whats not. you don't have rights to post here, but you're being allowed to by the admins of the site. so what they say, or what the mods say, goes..

reminds me of animal farm, do you smoke cigars?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Yet the fair Herr hands a one ban, the same Herr tauts nazi iconography...

You're complaining about money wasted on education! Get out the irony board. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Better ban |Cookies and one or two others - they took it for their avatar and sig.
    I'm German. Herr is appropriate when being formal. Just for you: I'll put in a Swastika. :)
    Secondly - what makes it Nazi iconography - no visible insignia?

As for your ban: You're a pigeon poster - you swoop in, **** on everything, and then leave. It's a two week ban for calling attacking a poster.
    CommieGit wrote:
    Another ban ...- for apparently attacking 'the Poster and not the Post'.
    There's no "apparently" about it. You did it. Balls up and accept your two week ban.
    I made a critical comment about a moronic post supporting some rudee behaviour which most other posters have also criticise, some much more aggressively than I.
    You didn't attack the post, did you? It was the poster.

It's a 2 week ban. Build a bridge.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Myth wrote:
    Nazi%20Cat.jpg
    "I'm in your koncentrations campz.... killing ure jewz?"

Oh no, no, no, thats just wrong.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Steez

I'm not sure should i...should i? Meh, screw it

1177529746842ws5.jpg

Crap, that came out way too big...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think, having derailed this thread, I should be banned. I'll lock this thread instead.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement