Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia 3347nwg wireless router and utorrent

Options
  • 08-09-2007 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

In many cases for legit use of utorrents - it's nice to share back to the community by leaving a completed download seeding for a few days rather than just being a leech. However I rarely do this because in my case when utorrent is running - general net use is very slow even when uploads/downloads are not taxing at all.
    I read somewhere that the issue is to do with the max of connections or someother. But is this true - ie the Netopia 3347nwg may be just not capable of handling that or should I be reconfiguring the setting of the router or the software?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

hamster wrote:
    Hi Guys,

In many cases for legit use of utorrents - it's nice to share back to the community by leaving a completed download seeding for a few days rather than just being a leech. However I rarely do this because in my case when utorrent is running - general net use is very slow even when uploads/downloads are not taxing at all.
    I read somewhere that the issue is to do with the max of connections or someother. But is this true - ie the Netopia 3347nwg may be just not capable of handling that or should I be reconfiguring the setting of the router or the software?

Thanks.

Just on the off chance - have you read this - http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/3347NWG/Utorrent.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

dub45 wrote:

Yes I have thanks. Port forwarding is set up correctly and download/upload speeds are fine. What I'm talking about how it slows general net usage when utorrent is active even when/if downloads are very low - eg 5-10k/s.

Since the Netopia router is common - I thought others may have noticed this problem. I believe the solution may be to reduce the no. of connections (default is 200) - but I'm not sure if is the right approach. Maybe a better router might be the route (pardon the pun) to go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Try a different bitorrent client, I had the same issues with uTorrent so I changed to Azureus and its been great ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Try a different bitorrent client, I had the same issues with uTorrent so I changed to Azureus and its been great ever since.

might do... though utorrent has such a sweet'n'low memory/cpu load - you'd never know it was there. :)

Advertisement