Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanna get new piercings.....

Options
  • 08-09-2007 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

I've had a couple of piercings but I've had to take them out because of work. I can put a plaster over them while I'm in work and they don't seem to mind but taking the plaster off everyday irritates the piercing and they just don't seem to heal. Its like purposefully dragging at them every day too which is a pain.

I'm thinking about getting a 6mm lobe stretching done in the hope that either I can get a clear plug and they won't notice or that the acrylic plug won't do so much damage if I have to cover it with a plaster; as opposed to a 1.4mm steel bar rubbing on the inside of the piercing.

I've booked a P.A. for the same day as my next tat, 5th Oct (the day after my birthday :D ) as I have a long weekend booked off work to allow the tat to heal up a little before I go back. I'm wondering if I get the P.A. done on Friday will the bleeding have gone down a bit by the Tuesday if I take good care of it?

Theres a fair bit of lifting and dragging in my job and I don't want to go in with a raw mickey if I can help it ;)

Anyone ever tried wearing a groin guard to protect a P.A. in its initial stages of healing??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Heh sounds like a similar situation to myself, getting my next tattoo and my PA done on the same day too, and taking a long weekend off for them! :D

Look forward to seeing the replies to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Heh sounds like a similar situation to myself, getting my next tattoo and my PA done on the same day too, and taking a long weekend off for them! :D

Look forward to seeing the replies to this.

When are you getting them done Damo?

I'm grand with the tat but the idea of blood spurting from my manhood is a touch unnerving. Having said that I tore my frenulum while getting jiggy once and thought I handled it pretty well.

Probably done in early October (IE- after payday!!! :D)

One thing the girl said to me when I was asking about gettin both done the same day was to get the tattoo first, then the PA, as if its the other way around, the PA would bleed more while getting the tattoo done... I guess due to the body reacting to the two things

Yeah I'm getting mine in the same order. I couldn't sit there getting tattooed for three hours while my member bled. After I get the piercing I just want to get home fast and start looking after it.

After I get the piercing I just want to get home fast and start looking at it.

Tut tut, shameless! ;)

• Advertisement

ROFL! That too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 billybong.....

i got my pa done last thursday, it stopped bleeding on sat but there was a small bit of blood this morning..lucky for me iv been out of work injured the last 10 weeks iv another one left so iv loads of healing times..

like yourself in my job i do alot of lifting and draging and in the day or two after i got mine done i deff wouldn have been able to go back to work as it was way to sensitive...toay i feel fine and i would be fairly confident that i would be able to work with ease now..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

To be honest with you lads, getting a PA and tat done one after the other is a really bad idea. The PA needs a fair time to heal and if your body is trying to deal with healing a tat along with healing a hole in your knob, its not going to do a good job! You should leave at least a week or two between piercing and tat to allow the body to heal properly

I've tried to take that into consideration in the plan Garth. The whole weekend is going to be about healing up. I'm just going to rest up, eat well and sleep. In the past I've been pretty good in terms of healings with my tats healing up about 90% in the first few days. I'm hoping that by taking special care of them I'll be good to go for work by the time tuesday comes around.

D'ya reckon that three full days recuperation might be enough?

Oh yeah I meant to ask you is the new lobe stretching you got 6mm? Can that be done in a day?

Hmm, I still wouldnt recommend getting both done in the space of a weekend, you best bet would be to stretch them over two weekends, might seem like extra effort but your body will thank you!

Got the lobe straight to 4mm, the piercer in Celestial Ring wouldnt go any higher straight off. One of my mates came with me and she wanted straight to 6mm so she went to Snakebite and they did it for her no bother.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Hey, The_Scary_Man, mind if I ask you where you're getting the PA done, if you're getting it in Cork? I'm not too familiar with what places offer well-done genital piercings here...

I'll get it done in Triple X. Raul might do it but they got a new piercer in there too. I don't know what her name is or how good she is yet though. I think she's Spanish. They've got a nice little ex-pat community going in there :D AFAIK Raul used to do piercings down in Midleton.

I went down to Tattoo Zoo but it was literally like a zoo in there. There were about ten people waiting in there in that small waiting area and it looked a bit hectic so I went up to Raul and asked if he'd do it.

I'll have to re-think the timing of it now though.

Yeah, they have a new piercer in Triple X. She is supposedly quite good, but speaks very little english! I didn't know Raoul still did piercings. Let me know how you get on, I'm on the lookout for a piercer who's decent with genital stuff at the moment.

im just wondering whats it like to get your ear stretched to 6mm..my first time getting my ears done they where stretced to 2mm i think, i was told id have to wait 10 weeks until i can stretch them again up to 4mm and then a mill and month after that..

would it be ok for me to go straight to 6mm now..iv them in around 3 weeks now but there still bleeding a bit and very crusty some times..

No, if your ears were pierced at 2mm you need to wait til they are *fully* healed, and then some. Which will be between 4 and 6 months. The next size up is 2.4mm (10g), then 3.2mm (8g), THEN 4mm (6g). You shouldn't even be thinking about 6mm now unless you want to f*ck up your ears horribly.

GaRtH_V wrote:
    To be honest with you lads, getting a PA and tat done one after the other is a really bad idea. The PA needs a fair time to heal and if your body is trying to deal with healing a tat along with healing a hole in your knob, its not going to do a good job! You should leave at least a week or two between piercing and tat to allow the body to heal properly
    Really? I was told itd be fine... ??

should snakebite be piercings peoples ears straight to 6mm if its going to damage your ear..

il leave mine for another while, im not in any rush yet..

There's a difference: You can pierce/punch something at a large gauge, and heal it at that size initally.

But if you're going to stretch to that size, the fistula (tube/hole in your ear) needs to be fully healed to cope with the stress of being enlarged.

Even a small tear can make future stretches very hard, and stretching a hole before it's healed makes you susceptible to scarring, blowouts, infections, rips, and thinning skin. If you're going to stretch, it's in your best interest to do it slowly, I promise you. Go to the encyclopedia on bmezine.com for some good advice on risks and stuff (ignore the experience sections unless you want to know how NOT to stretch, there's a lot of stupid stories in there)

would it be ok for me to go straight to 6mm now..iv them in around 3 weeks now but there still bleeding a bit and very crusty some times..
    Still crusty after 3 weeks? Thats not good mate. Id give it until its all cleared up and starts to smell like the inside of an arse*, thats when you know its ready to be stretched again

* Man, I hate the smell of stretched lobes

GaRtH_V wrote:
    ...and starts to smell like the inside of an arse...

LOL!!! :D

Anyway, back to your advice, as you'd know better than me anyway!
    I was basically thinking of getting my tattoo/piercing done on a Thursday/Friday and taking a long weekend, with the Friday/Monday off, to give both time to heal a bit, and basically doing NOTHING but getting plenty R&R. The main reason for getting both done at once (Besides just wanting both! :D) was so that I wouldn't have to use up more time off than was necessary...

What do you think I should do? The girl on the phones said there'd be no problems getting both done...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i think you should be very careful, you are gonna put your body under huge amounts of stress in 2 different sites. the bleeding from the PA i wouldnt worry about too much, bring a spare pair of boxers and slacks for work (or whatever you wear) and change into em if needs be.
    in the end its up to you though.
    maybe tattoo thursday, then take friday evening off, get pa that evening then take it easy. Take plenty of iron and things that will boost your immune system youl need it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Maybe start a short course of iron, zinc and vitamin E supplements now and your system will be a lot better to deal with it all when the stresses come?

And ... dodgy question, but what's the best way to wrap up to prevent bleeding onto the clothes/bed?

when my pa was bleeding at night all i done was got tissue wrapped it around and i got a woman's hair bobon and i put that around the tissue to keep it in place..i wore i tight pair of boxers..i tried using the tissue and putting the latex glove over it like they do when you get it done but it was to awkward for me to do it..

i say just wear loose fitting boxers, whack on a sheet that you dont mind getting a bit bloody (black sheet) and work from there

tight fitting boxers may possibly aggravate the piercing, especially if you wake up with a boner, tight fitting boxers are gonna hurt

I don't have any loose boxers. I only buy kids ones Age 7-8 so they look super tight and sexeh!! :eek:

wear a freakin dress then ya pansy :p

Maybe I could wear a moomoo?

Homer_muumuu.jpg

500 posts yayy and it only took me 7 years. Do I get a cake or something?

We got you a cake, but it's 6 years old... stale and brick like... and mouldy... Enjoy! :D

• Advertisement

Aw Damo you shouldn't have......No I mean it you shouldn't have :P

I'm having a bit of a rethink on the PA now. I want to get a bit clearer on my motivations before I get it done.

Advertisement