Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

10-12k to spend

Options
  • 08-09-2007 4:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

So ive 10-12k to spend on a motor, im thinking of travelling to the uk to buy a toyota celica 1999 - 2001. May save a few quid overall rather than forking out here. Any other nice motors around that price range or if you know anyone selling a celica ( new model ) pref black or blue let me know thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

406 coupe (although I'm biased), loads of them in the UK. A celica would be very nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭easyontheeye

a-k-47 wrote:
    So ive 10-12k to spend on a motor, im thinking of travelling to the uk to buy a toyota celica 1999 - 2001. May save a few quid overall rather than forking out here. Any other nice motors around that price range or if you know anyone selling a celica ( new model ) pref black or blue let me know thanks.

im with you on the celica, looking into one myself. is the 99 the new or old model? will you pick up a 01 for 12k, cheapest i seen its 14k or thereabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

i think that if you bought a '00 now, i think you could still be at the crappy end of the depreciation.

you could import one direct from japan if you have the time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

been searching pistonheads.co.uk came across a few nice motors, the s3 is holding value very well over so not point importing one over here, here is one im seriously considering buying if i dont go for the celica, the porsche 944 a great classic.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/173222.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

cantdecide wrote:
    i think that if you bought a '00 now, i think you could still be at the crappy end of the depreciation.

you could import one direct from japan if you have the time

Why do you think that? They have taken the initial depreciation and will depreciate steadily from here on.

Im going to bring one back from the UK myself in january, would it be better to buy it before the VRT system changes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 abbs07

00 or 01 a4td red i
    with rs4 kit saw one in last weeks autotrader 10k
    up north

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

abbs07 wrote:
    00 or 01 a4td red i
    with rs4 kit saw one in last weeks autotrader 10k
    up north
    That'd be a bag of sh!t though.
    @ a-k-47 Check PM.