Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird things ya see... Say 'Okaay' and move on..

• 08-09-2007 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭

Couple of mates and me were talking about this last night over a few drinks.
    Did you ever see something REALLY Bizarre, Odd or just down right strange..... and just kind of accept them as freaky and move on lol :rolleyes:

I'll loads but i'll give ya two recent examples.

- A few weeks ago was the anniversary of a friend of my who died in a crash last year.
    Me and another mate were walking into the funeral home near our college to collect some flowers and stuff that had been sent there by accident. As we were walking in..... A Clown, yes a CLOWN in full costume was walking back out. Me and my mate just looked at each other pissing ourselfs laughing and just went Oooookkkkkkaaaaayyyyy lol :confused:

- Last weekend i was in Total Fitness in CastleKnock on my lunchbreak. Anyways, i went into the men's toilets located in the blokes changing rooms. Closed the door of the cubical.... and hanging on the back of the door was an empty female 'Bra and Panty' packet from tesco :eek: . I was well freaked out lol

My mate james had the singles best one i've ever heard tho.
    He was visiting his Grandmother in a elderly home and went to used the toilet in the main lobby were everyone kindof gathers to watch tv and stuff. Anyways in the toilet wastebin was an empty durex wrapper lol :p
    Randy Pensioners!!! lol :cool:

Anyone got more...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

can't think of any but good thread btw! :)

funny about the clown and the funeral home... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭wba88

ha those are good. trying to think now. good idea for a thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Great idea for a thread! Damnit I've had loads of those kind of moments and can't think of any now, good one!:rolleyes: They might come back to me. That's gas about the clown though!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

What i thought was two birds kissing near the dart station
    but as i walked past i noticed it was 2 long haired guys ! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I havent sen anything in person but was watching jerry speinger today and some guy came out and ripped his shirt off in a jerry jerry jerry moment and had one breast.

Was like eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, okaaaaaaaay!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

good thread this.
    standing outside in the que for the vic pub in the middle of tramore think it was last year and a sheep comes belting up the road at top speed. not that weird but we thought it was hilarious.

at a house session before and some guy who no one knew turned up with one side of his body and face painted blue.

i know i have more but cant remember em!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

when i was in boston there three months ago, i was walking down beside boston commons and saw 7 fat guys in elvis jump suits dressed up like elvis.

i thought i was in GTA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Guaranga!!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

When I was in uni, living in a student house, I was eating my dinner one evening in front of the TV.

Happened to look out the window - I lived on the corner of a road opposite a pub - and there was a random naked guy running up the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

walked into a cinema screen where a kids film had just finished to see in the front row a couple of teenages one on her knees giving the guy a BJ.... i left very quickly..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

The back garden of my parents house faces onto the towns local tennis courts. One morning I woke up to see a cow running around the courts, being chased by two very distressed farmers. Very odd.

Also, while studying in the library in uni one day, I looked out and saw a certain unliked boards member (not naming any names) running beside the patch, on the grass, flapping his arms like a bird. Again, very odd

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

The back garden of my parents house faces onto the towns local tennis courts. One morning I woke up to see a cow running around the courts, being chased by two very distressed farmers. Very odd.

Also, while studying in the library in uni one day, I looked out and saw a certain unliked boards member (not naming any names) running beside the patch, on the grass, flapping his arms like a bird. Again, very odd

Thats hilarious - something I would have liked to have seen! :D

Dont think Ive seen anything too odd.

I feel Ive lived a sheltered life ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Was once in the mcdonalds in o connell street with three other friends.

We went to the men's toilet, we heard noises from the cubicle.
    A second the guard at mcdonalds arrives into the toilet jumps up onto the cubicle wall and begins shouting at two skangers who were in there telling them to leave.
    They leave at seperate times, the first was a female skanger then her boyfriend who was on his mobile leaves a second later saying "It's so hard to get a blowjob nowadays"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What were you doing sleeping in your parents back garden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

did you go to UL? if so i know who you mean and i've seen that paticular spectacle a few times.
    Never ceases to amaze me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

A couple of weeks ago an old fella (must have been 70 at least) passed by me on the street in a dress and a blonde wig. He was the worst transvestite ever, he looked like an old labourer with massive builders hands in a wig (the hands are always the giveaway for a trannie).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

working in a cinema years ago decided i needed a pee. Was in the staff area so said feck it i will go to staff toilet even for the peace. (it was busy in the cinema so all the staff were on the floor) Opened the door and 2 of the blokes were there. As i walked in all i could hear was "could you imagine if someone walked in right now"

I saw one of them on his knees cleaning a stain out of the crotch of the other guy's trousers. Note they werent having sex or cleaning up after sex (they're both straight btw and they didnt look they were after having some fun together) but it was the most bizarre thing i ever saw!

I turned and walked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Besprechen

daydreaming in a boring lecture looking out the window i saw an old lady squatting in the grounds of sligo RTC a few years back now, think she was from the local "hospital"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Was on the bus to Blessington. We saw a red car in front of us. It was very old. After a while, my friend shouts at me to look behind and we see the car stopped behind us with one of the front wheels missing.

Another time, I missed it but my friend said he saw some woman in a dress standing barefoot on Grafton Street.

joe robot wrote:

funny about the clown and the funeral home... :D

Probably went to say goodbye to an old joke! :D "boom-Boom"

Anyway, saw an Ice cream van tip over on it's side after failing to go round a sharp bend. people from all around stripped it in seconds and a clown (street entertainer) directed traffic around the scene.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Someone sh*tting in a urinal, trousers and boxers at his ankles.

funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

A couple of weeks ago an old fella (must have been 70 at least) passed by me on the street in a dress and a blonde wig. He was the worst transvestite ever, he looked like an old labourer with massive builders hands in a wig (the hands are always the giveaway for a trannie).
    I was on the Luas (unsual in itself) and as we were pulling up to a City Centre stop, we passed a stubble-faced guy dressed with a bright blonde wig, blue tights and dorothy-red shoes, made me smile anyway, fair play to him :)

There was another guy leaving the cinema last week wearing bright blue shiny lycra leggings, okaaaaay, aaand move on!

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

was working in the bar at a secondary school prom. me another fella were leaving crates out the back, we walked out one of the back doors and there was a girl holding her prom dress up over her head and a young fella with his trousers around his ankels, banging away like mad.
    the fella seen us but just continued on, the girl couldn't see a thing with that dress over her head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Recently saw a guy riding a sideways bike around Dollymount... definitely an okaaaaay moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

I have nothing to add except that this thread had me in stitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Driving through clontarf yesterday......a lad, pretty tubby, about 22 years old, walking along with no top on but a schoolbag! haha funniest site ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

In St.annes park saw an old woman mid 60s power walking but it was like onely her arms were power walking and her legs were walking...watched her walk the whole way up the main strech trying not to laugh so loaud that shes hear us.

also in st.annes (that places actually does harbour a fair few random things) me and a mate were in there with two boyfriends and we were jsut sitting in the grass where we noties this fella was slowly circiling us..like going around the trees then randommly stopping in the bushes for 4 minutes just staring out then continuing on his cirlce so me and my friend deb started to get a little bit freaked out as he did this for around an hour but eventually he walked over and asked to borrow a golf ball and just walked off!...pointless but so random!

also im south africa saw a man walking two wolves on leads!

and one day in my friends bedroom a bird flew into the window.then kinda realised its glass the flew away after it had collected itsself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

and one day in my friends bedroom a bird flew into the window.then kinda realised its glass the flew away after it had collected itsself!

Haha, have seen that happen on more than one occasion. Pretty hilarious all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

From working in a bar, I have seen a lot of people asleep in toilets...But probably the most time I said "Okaay" was when I was at a nursing home visiting an elderly relation. I remember seeing an old woman in a wheelchair telling her teddy to "shut up" or she would "throw it out the window"...Very much an "Okaay" moment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

Cycling home near the local football pitch about half an hour ago, I saw a guy with no top on, jeans pulled down very low, with both hand down the front, walking beside his girlfriend, who was wearing no shoes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

But probably the most time I said "Okaay" was when I was at a nursing home visiting an elderly relation. I remember seeing an old woman in a wheelchair telling her teddy to "shut up" or she would "throw it out the window"...Very much an "Okaay" moment...

I have a pretty similar story, my sister used to work in a nursing home and would regularly see a woman fighting with toilet paper, arguing with and shouting at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Walking the beach about 2 months back(Killiney Beach), I walked down one of the alley ways, to see this girl up the road from me getting literally gangbanged by three pieballs. She's only I think 14. I just stood for about two minutes looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

The local priest referred to a funeral as a wedding. (X2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

The local priest referred to a funeral as a wedding. (X2)

oh i know how bad that must have been fr the familys and stuff....but i laughed out loud at that.i want that said at my funueral!..provides light relief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Was waitin for a bus once and it came on time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

oh i know how bad that must have been fr the familys and stuff....but i laughed out loud at that.i want that said at my funueral!..provides light relief

Well respected woman from beside me died. Was at removal and the Priest says that the wedding of the late ... will take place tomorrow at 11:00. The whole church just silenced in disbelief but got over it . :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Booooooooooooo!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I was working in the local shop when I was about 17 and this man in his 80s comes in and says he wants to buy a pair of tights. I said grand, what colour would you like?
    He then undid his fly, dropped his trousers around his ankles and pointed to the pair he was wearing outside his Y-fronts and said he wanted the same again.
    Then he asked me if we sold extra large tampons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

brilliant thread
    was on the luas one day in abbey street theres a car parked on the side of the road ,
    driver toots the hooter and she makes a gesture to go around it was priceless !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Booooooooooooo!!!!
    I'm only going to warn you one more time.
    Either contribute sensibly to a thread, or GTFO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

In Greenwich Village in New York I saw two guys walking down the street, one had a python around his neck and the other had a large iguana sitting on his shoulder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

was down in Dingle one day and i was walking through the town and there was a guy (didn't look like a farmer) walking his sheep through the town on a rope lead around his neck.... i thought of the kerrymaid ad right then , kerry , where a dolphins(sheep is) a mans best friend , i moved on , very puzzled...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I was in boston on the subway on my way out to a pub and a bunch of middle-aged people wearing full clown costumes came on board. After the initial reaction of 'Oh ****, we're all getting robbed' wore off (one of the clowns was acting really dodgy) i was just thinking "WTF is going on?".

And another which was at the end of Grafton street a good few months ago. There were 3 lads on one side of the road and 3 girls on the other. They were all typical skangers ;) So one of the girls headed over, must've been the ambassador for the group, and asked one of the lads "Do ya wanna meet her" and pointed to one of her friends. The lad, as anyone would do in this situation, said "Yeah". Then one of his friends pipes up with "I loike the other one".

The girl wandered back over to her friends and relayed the info. Then the two girls came over and scoring commenced seconds later.

Then i said "Okaay" and moved on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

zaph wrote:
    In New York...

Where do I begin?

People with parrots on their shoulder just walking down the street.

Some guy with a cat standing on his shoulder yesterday with the two front paws resting on his raised hand.

People on the subway/PATH rapping and gesturing to you as they might in a club, giving it all they've got.

Some Italian bloke shouting at a massive black lad. Italian was in the middle of 7th ave shouting abuse and dancing around. During which, the black lad was taking anything out of the nearby bin and chucking it at him causing the Italian to dance more and laugh (all the while dodging traffic). Unhappy with the outcome of his previous attempts and which a nagging mother trying to take him away, he picks up the bin (one of the heavy metal green ones) and ****s that out onto the middle of the road....ookkaayyy.

Coney Island during the mermaid parade was one big....ookkaayyy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

And another which was at the end of Grafton street a good few months ago. There were 3 lads on one side of the road and 3 girls on the other. They were all typical skangers ;) So one of the girls headed over, must've been the ambassador for the group, and asked one of the lads "Do ya wanna meet her" and pointed to one of her friends. The lad, as anyone would do in this situation, said "Yeah". Then one of his friends pipes up with "I loike the other one".

The girl wandered back over to her friends and relayed the info. Then the two girls came over and scoring commenced seconds later.

Ah, those were the days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Driving through Stanford outside San Fran and a guy with a boa constrictor around his neck thumbing for a lift (we actually stopped and gave him one)
    A Scottish guy standing up on a horse and carriage with his kilt pulled up and his cock sticking out through a piece of paper with a map of Ireland cut out of it. Glad we thumped them that day
    An Asian guy squatting against the railings on Harcourt st in full view with his kacks down having a crap.
    One of the funniest i've heard of but didn't see was a mate of mine got the skids after drinking a hot chocolate and legged it into the toilets in The Stags Head. he was desperately pulling his kacks down so went into the toilet itself backwards, sat down and exploded. Realised then he was sitting on somebody!!:) Pulled up his trousers and ran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I was at a photo shoot and a fox leaped across the set, which was in a laneway off Clanbrassil Street. The fox then speeded down the lane. It was so surreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

coming home in the car from my match today and other players were in teh car 50 yards ahead.they sped round the tight corner up ahead and we follwed them shortly after.when we got round the corner was a lady in the middle of the road with a ''legalise'' certain drugs t-shirt.she flagged us down and put down the window.in a big dramatic voice she goes ''some strangerrrr,drove by me,and beeped the horn...he really scared me'' all the while looking really shaky etc...called the driver up ahead and told him what happened,when was said htat she was in middle of the road shook from this stranger,4 lads simultaneously burst into laughter from the car...was really funny but that woman was really okaaaaaaaaay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

jdivision wrote:
    One of the funniest i've heard of but didn't see was a mate of mine got the skids after drinking a hot chocolate and legged it into the toilets in The Stags Head. he was desperately pulling his kacks down so went into the toilet itself backwards, sat down and exploded. Realised then he was sitting on somebody!!:) Pulled up his trousers and ran.

That can't be true, can it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

A guy lying in a trough urinal in Sydney.

Urging people to urinate on him.

Known as 'Trough boy'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement