Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird things ya see... Say 'Okaay' and move on..

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

A couple of weeks ago an old fella (must have been 70 at least) passed by me on the street in a dress and a blonde wig. He was the worst transvestite ever, he looked like an old labourer with massive builders hands in a wig (the hands are always the giveaway for a trannie).

I think I saw that guy standing on the N11 dual carriageway island making expansive gestures at the cars as they passed. At least I hope it was that guy, I'd hate for there to be two of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Anyone remember the the old dear used to dance in the center of O'Connell St. with the white gloves on, make-up like a strumpet in a Panama City "sailor wanna hump-hump?" bar? Up near the Savoy - is she still about?

That's my Ma, that is. /pre-emptive strike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

cjt156 wrote:
    Anyone remember the the old dear used to dance in the center of O'Connell St. with the white gloves on, make-up like a strumpet in a Panama City "sailor wanna hump-hump?" bar? Up near the Savoy - is she still about?

Her name was Mary. I used to see her regularly in Leixlip. I think she had family here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Working in Dunnes many moon ago and a woman with a teenage kid in tow stopped to ask me about tampons. "What do you reckon? she said pointing at the mortified teenager with her. And I did know which ones. :rolleyes:

did you go to UL? if so i know who you mean and i've seen that paticular spectacle a few times.
    Never ceases to amaze me.
    Rozie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Snake747

cjt156 wrote:

She is from Leixlip, she drinks in the Middle Shop, the town is full of alco's so she fits right in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Snake747 wrote:
    She is from Leixlip, she drinks in the Middle Shop, the town is full of alco's so she fits right in.

So does she do her white-glove-I-invented-vogueing-way-before-the-gay-Bronx-black-dudes-dance all the way into town on the 66?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Was in New York a few years ago on subway. This black guy wearing a pink dress and curlers in his hair sits down beside me. He was about 6 foot 5. He then takes out a pink hairbrush and announces to the carriage that he is now going to sing a song he wrote with Diana Ross in 1965. He proceeds to sing at the top of his voice. He was carrying a bag full of womens beauty products. My friend and I were in stitches on the floor. I nearly got sick I was laughing so hard!:D I just couldnt hold it in!!! The rest of the people were like robots though. They didnt blink. I was like how could you not laugh. This is the funniest thing you could ever see!

I don't believe you.

you got that idea from jdivision's post.
    Wow.Somebody should put this lad on the Maddie McCann kidnapping case.He is quick off the mark:O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Also have another one. Was in London a year ago on the underground (what is it with me and trains!). It was after a night out and the underground was packed, no space to breath. At one stop an old drunk homeless guy gets on right beside me. And the smell was horrible. I only had a couple of stops to go too. But he takes out a can of cheap beer and opens it right beside me. It sprayed violently all over my face!:D All you can do is laugh in those situations. It might not have been so funny if I wasnt so wasted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I saw a guy in his 40s walking along abbey street with his arms folded ... does sound weird til you see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Down in Kilkee last weekend, we were walking through the waterworld car park at about 11pm. This guy (must have been in his 30's) came stumbling past just repeatedly muttering "I'm ****ed" to himself. We were watching him wondering wtf was up with him. The next thing, he decided to do a handstand against the back of a camper van and started moaning to himself. I quickly legged it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

In hamburg i saw 6 people, all about 20 walking down the street in bondage gear. Leather and latex etc. One of them was wearing a gas mask and one of the girls was leading one of the blokes on a chain

years ago i was walking down beside the local canal and a bloke was half way up a tree holding on with his legs and nailing an empty beer can to the tree. had a hammer with him and all

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Chunks

Anyone who knows Schull will know this road.

Was on my way up the winding road to the golf balls in Schull when we passed a farmers jeep parked on the side of the road. the farmer was in it and a blonde woman was sitting in the passenger seat with her head looking down so we could only see her hair. She then lifted her head up to look at us....... It was a fúcking sheep!! belt buckle and all done up!!! Nearly drove off the edge of the mountain laughing so hard :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rupert C Percy

I was workin in a pretty classy bar in Edinburgh a couple of summers ago. We never got any scumbags in but Edinburgh is like a magnet for freaks and weirdos. Here are a few things that happened.

This guy wearing army combats walks in carryin a black bin liner one evening. Proceeds to start eatin nachos off some tourists plate and then breaks a glass. Shift manager goes out to ask him to leave. He starts gettin aggressive. I go out then to back her up. I am just about to open my mouth when he starts shoutin about how the IRA killed his brother and that he has his remains in the bin liner he is carryin. I was never so glad that I didnt open my big Irish gob. We eventually got him out in a very silent fashion.

Another day, some old junkie arrives in. We ask him to leave so he takes a big handful of the after dinner mints we used to give with the bill and shoves them in his mouth. These mints are all wrapped in tin foil. He then just turns and walks out munchin away. Really strange.

This old lady forgot her glasses one day. My manager found them at her table and puts them on for a laugh. It was funny as f**k as these glasses were really typical old lady glasses with massive frames and really thick lenses. So he is muckin about with the glasses on when her husband walks back in enquiring about the glasses. He taps my manager on the shoulder and asks him has he seen the glasses without noticing that he is actually wearing them. Manager some how keeps a straight face and says he will check if they are behind the bar. All the while the rest of us are absolutely pissin ourselves. Classic moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Chunks wrote:
    Anyone who knows Schull will know this road.

Was on my way up the winding road to the golf balls in Schull when we passed a farmers jeep parked on the side of the road. the farmer was in it and a blonde woman was sitting in the passenger seat with her head looking down so we could only see her hair. She then lifted her head up to look at us....... It was a fúcking sheep!! belt buckle and all done up!!! Nearly drove off the edge of the mountain laughing so hard :D

What the fook!!! :D You win my vote! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

used to work in a texaco garage.one of our local hobos came in and asked if he could wash himself in our sink!!!!

then walking home about 2 hours later i see the same guy drenched and having a full-blown argument with a bus stop!!!

absolutely brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Pub in Raheny several years ago ... old trampy looking fellow was smoking some foul unfiltered cigarette, while his trampy looking dog was drinking stout out of the ashtray (it was that kind of pub).

The old lad gets a fit of coughing, and then hurls up a huge glistening chunk of phlegm, all over his face, beard, pint, both hands ... everywhere.

In full view of everyone, he picks up the dog, and uses the dog to wipe up all the phlegm :eek:

In the same pub, some years later, a couple were arguing when the woman stood up, reached under her skirt and dropped her sanitary towel in the man's pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

bet that was in the edenmore house brother trout?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

bet that was in the edenmore house brother trout?
    Nope ... Raheny village ... the pub fondly known as 'de binn' ;)

You a local ?

ive drank in the inn and the old green dolphin a few times, kips. station house would be my sorta local though. grand pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

In my hometown I saw an old man cycling right down the middle of the road, a big line of cars behind him blaring their horns and a load of groceries falling out of the bag tied to the back of his bike, all over the road; a pack of sausages and mars bars and a sliced pan.

The crazy homeless woman in the Peace Park in Cork city. She was standing with one leg cocked into the air, fiddling with her trouser leg. When she walked away there was bits of turds all over the path.

In a Smyths toy store years ago I saw a middle aged man picking up toys off the shelf and describing them to himself. He kept saying: This is very expensive Gordon. Gordon likes this one. Gordon has one of these already, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

working one night, and i found one of the cleaning staff who is from poland. he was sleeping at work! he even had a bag of clothes with him.
    turns out his girlfriend kicked him out.

worst thing about it was he was sleeping "inside an air purificiation machine" in a room thats so noisy i use ear plugs when im inside.

didnt tell the boss as i felt sorry for him.

Kemos wrote:
    In a Smyths toy store years ago I saw a middle aged man picking up toys off the shelf and describing them to himself. He kept saying: This is very expensive Gordon. Gordon likes this one. Gordon has one of these already, etc.

now we know pighead's name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Come to think of it. he did have a huge pig's head. I don't know why I glossed over that bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Walking around last night, a woman in her pyjamas using a net curtain as a lead to walk her dog stopped me and asked did I have a magnifying glass! LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭dior1catboy

MOH wrote: »
    Lucky indeed. you could have been hit by an upside-down falling cat.

Ha ha ha ha anti gravity! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

In a bar in Cesky krumlov, Czech. I'd just spent the last 5 minutes trying to figure out what time it was on the upside down clock when I looked down the bar and saw a ZZTop looking fello ordering drink with he's pants around he's ankles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

Was driving towards a seaside resort and met a paddy wagon/maria van coming towards me with three full-uniformed and obviously on-duty gardai sitting in a row in the front and all licking jumbo sized 99er cones! Was just a picture postcard kinda moment - me and my mate were piss*ng ourselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

I was in college one day (Bolton Street though I'm originally a Kevin Street attendent) and a chap was just walking by while I was playing pool and he picked up the 8-ball and swallowed it... made a very strange squirking noise and coughed it back up, wiped it and placed in back on the table and walked off. I was more like WTF than okaaaay but still an okay moment haha! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Was driving around Vancouver a few years back and this old asian woman just stops at the side of the street, squats and pulls down her pants and starts going to the toilet on the sidewalk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

and just kind of accept them as freaky and move on lol :rolleyes:

Oooookkkkkkaaaaayyyyy lol :confused:

I was well freaked out lol

empty durex wrapper lol :p
    Randy Pensioners!!! lol :cool:

Far too much Lolling for my liking.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Was driving around Vancouver a few years back and this old asian woman just stops at the side of the street, squats and pulls down her pants and starts going to the toilet on the sidewalk...

He's famous, your man. He does all sorts of swallowing tricks like swallowing coins and bringing them back up in any order you want. He can even do it with live goldfish, and bring them back up alive.

Edit: Is this him?............ http://www.steviestarr.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭TheThing!

I was in this big shower in a hostel and this old dirtbag was jerking off in the booth next to me, and its not like I had to decipher many clues to come to this conclusion, he was moaning and going "AH GAD YEAH" I threw a glass of cold water from the sink over the door of his cubicle and legged it when I was finished my shower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

He's famous, your man. He does all sorts of swallowing tricks like swallowing coins and bringing them back up in any order you want. He can even do it with live goldfish, and bring them back up alive.

Edit: Is this him?............ http://www.steviestarr.com/

Ahh! We saw him in Kilkenny. It was really unexpected. We were just sitting in a pub listening to trad and this fella comes on and does some mad shiit. He burped fire bubbles. It made our trip :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

One night, around 12am wile walking home with my girlfriend (now wife) we seen this man sitting on a wall warring a long style coat/Mac, hat like the private investigator/1970's type and had dark sunglasses on! This dude was also seamed to be reading a newspaper! ! It was just messed up.

I kid you not! he was like something out of the Columbo or something...

We didnt stop to ask him why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

If anyone's ever been to East Hastings in Vancouver, thats the capital of okkaaaaayyy! Got flashed by a 7ft black trani amogst other treats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Someone (male) walking down queensway rd in london, with his nose and hand in the air wearing a PVC cat suit with a chain dangling behind him..

:rolleyes:

Advertisement