Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power Payouts (lack of)

Options
  • 08-09-2007 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

:confused: Hi all, I'm new to the gambling end of boards, so just a quick question regarding payouts on paddypower.com. I put an ew bet on red rock canyon on pp.com today at 150-1, and it came in 3rd, so being ew I thought I got a few bob, but no. All sites bar Boyles & PP say 2 places in results payouts. Is there anywhere I could get the official payout results, instead of going off general betting or horsey sites.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

You won't get paid out I'm afraid. They only pay first two places when there are five to seven runners. Only six horses in that race so third doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

Thanks for the reply, worst fears revealed. Just thought it was mad that other sites showed 1,2,3. Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

5 to 7 runners only pay 2 places and if u care about money u should only place bets on odds in your favour!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

sgtbilko01 wrote:
    5 to 7 runners only pay 2 places and if u care about money u should only place bets on odds in your favour!

What's that supposed to mean? He's not going to get odds more in his favour than 150/1 for a horse just outside the places.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

sgtbilko01 wrote:
    Excellent first post :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement