Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick Humour

Options
  • 08-09-2007 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭

Some of the responses where way out of line and especially making fun of tragic events like the Holocaust is pathetic and plenty of people would be offended. Sure some like toilet humour but I'd imagine more would not see any funny side to the feeble contributions.

Der Karoma's efforts and explaination remind of what they Deutschen said 60 years ago. No signs, not see, no hear and know nothing.

The Germans were caught then and always, and it's pathteic that gutter paddy efforts should see humour in one of history's darkest hours.

A ban is nothing , but an anal washed Deutscher talking to me about pigeons, well, die Deutschen werden auf immer bruecken bauen muessen.

Warum soll ich Bruecken bauen, Ich habe keine Dreckschilder verwendet und meine Finger sind sauber.

Sie sollen es besser wissen.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

what thread are you talking about and what are you asking for?

Also, why the german? 99% of people aren't going to understand you and even people who have reasonable german may not (I don't quite get what you are saying and my german is ok - has this got a slang/hidden meaning?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Ich bin konfused :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

So you won't be looking for access to Lolocaust then?
    We'll just have to get by without your cheery posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

die Deutschen werden auf immer bruecken bauen muessen.

Warum soll ich Bruecken bauen, Ich habe keine Dreckschilder verwendet und meine Finger sind sauber.

Translated by online translator, best i could do...:D
    the Germans will have to build on always bruecken.

Why I should build bridges, I have used no mud signs and my fingers are clean.

They should know it better.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

lollipops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Welcome to teh internetzz

lol!!!1!!!1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

and plenty of people would be offended.

I don't get it ? You're complaining about something in case other people are offended ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

die Deutschen werden auf immer bruecken bauen muessen.

Sie sollen es besser wissen

translation

the Germans will on always bridge to build to have. Why I am to build bridges, I do not have dirt-describe used and my fingers are cleanly. They are to know it better.

wtf??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

stevenmu wrote:
    I don't get it ? You're complaining about something in case other people are offended ?

It's about this thread.........

AH should Ban Karoma

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055147708

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

wah wah wah wah wah. shut up, deal with your ban.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Is it me, or is this yet another case of someone whingeing about the rights they thought they had but turn out not to have? It's always a bit of a giggle, particularly this instance's "Wah wah wah, my speech is being oppressed which is bad! But the person doing the oppressing has made a joke referencing the Nazi aesthetic! Clearly they should have their freedom of speech opressed!"

I'm just waiting for the OP to ask to be made mod of AH once Karoma's banned...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

tragic events like the Holocaust

I'm sorry, but using fictional events to back up your blithering is ridiculous. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

eddiehobbs wrote:
    translation

the Germans will on always bridge to build to have. Why I am to build bridges, I do not have dirt-describe used and my fingers are cleanly. They are to know it better.

wtf??
    From reading the OP's opener and the above translation I think he means something about having his finger in his ass probably together with his head.

this is the second thread started by the OP in the last couple of weeks, neither of which are sensible.

Fysh wrote:
    I'm just waiting for the OP to ask to be made mod of AH once Karoma's banned...

Karoma vill never be bant. He has escapid und is livink in Zouth Amerika vit mine grantfadder.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Papiere, Bitte

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

thrill wrote:
    It's about this thread.........

AH should Ban Karoma

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055147708
    I saw the thread thanks. I just think it's odd, the OP doesn't seem to be complaining that he is offended, he's just complaining that others might be.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm sorry, but using fictional events to back up your blithering is ridiculous. :D

Ha ha. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I wish to complain about SONlanterns lamentable German.

It's worse than mine, and that's saying a lot.

It never ceases to amaze me as to the amount of professional whingers we have on this site who bring nothing to the table and then bitch and moan when their actions come back to haunt them. Repeatedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

stevenmu wrote:
    I saw the thread thanks. I just think it's odd, the OP doesn't seem to be complaining that he is offended, he's just complaining that others might be.

Oops :o. I ment to quote copacetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Having looked at Karoma's sig I can only say that this kind of gif or icon wouldn't have been banned or prosecuted in Germany. He does not display any insignia that is on the current list of banned insignia in Germany. And even if he was it would be up to admins to deal with privately as Ireland does not have any regulations on German insignia of WWII.

Also, that icon is part of Lolocaust so what's the problem?

Best,
    Preusse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

get over it andmove on. karoma was right. Posting german here is pointless

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hagar wrote:
    Karoma vill never be bant. He has escapid und is livink in Zouth Amerika vit mine grantfadder.

Gott in himmel! Ze accent...mine eyes, zey bleed!

*insert exaggerated choking noises*

Also, is it wrong of me to want some sort of Monty Python/Nazi cat crossover macro with "Nobody expects the Lolocaust! Our chief weapon is surprise! Well, that and a very large oven." or similar as the text?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Basil done it best.

10a782d775adfb4e4ada75d62888d5d2.gif

How did you do that? No don't tell me, I'm not a well man.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Oo

oO

Oo

OK. You go on without me, piggies. I VILL NEVER CHANGE! PM me know when you reach a final solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Oho!

Puntastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Some of the responses where way out of line and especially making fun of tragic events like the Holocaust is pathetic and plenty of people would be offended. Sure some like toilet humour but I'd imagine more would not see any funny side to the feeble contributions.

Der Karoma's efforts and explaination remind of what they Deutschen said 60 years ago. No signs, not see, no hear and know nothing.

The Germans were caught then and always, and it's pathteic that gutter paddy efforts should see humour in one of history's darkest hours.

A ban is nothing , but an anal washed Deutscher talking to me about pigeons, well, die Deutschen werden auf immer bruecken bauen muessen.

schnell scnell Kartoffelkopf!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I wish to complain about SONlanterns lamentable German.

It's worse than mine, and that's saying a lot.

It never ceases to amaze me as to the amount of professional whingers we have on this site who bring nothing to the table and then bitch and moan when their actions come back to haunt them. Repeatedly.

RoundyMooney.well you're like the proverbial broken record but quick to press the insult button. You remind me of the jack in a box. Pops up to make a squeak to only disappear.

Setting aside the squeaking remarks, perhaps you can show some examples to illustrate some positive contributions you've made.........eh, yeh thought so.

BTW you and the majority should read before mouthing off, I've no problem with a BAN , I've a problem with a MOD in the manner in which the ban was made. My gripe is with a MOD who uses bleach to wash his arse, and makes unnecessary smart ass comments in the course, well Abhauen Herr Karoma!

If he just issued a ban that would be different , but like a dog he thinks he can patronisely piss all over the place. No way Herr Domestos. Do the banning, get rid of your silly graphics but if you want to insult people be prepared to get it back.

I reject as humour people making fun of tragic events.

So the Feedback area provides little opportunity to point out issues but more of a platform for sideline tossers to throw in snide comments.

That's it now, I'm off to enjoy my ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

That's it now, I'm off to enjoy my ban.
    Thank Christ for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Rv1007_s11_lentosotakoulu.jpg

Not a swastika. Oh no.

Advertisement