Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crescent Shopping Centre

Options
  • 08-09-2007 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi,

Looking for directions to the Shopping Centre coming from the Galway Direction?

Do you come into the city Centre?Is it before the City?
    Exits to take on roundabouts etc....Any Help appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well your going to have traffic problems here but in my opinion the best way is when coming from galway keep going for the city centre (O connell street) and take a right onto O Connell street follow that road for about 2km until your well out of the city and the keep going till the first roundabout you see then take the 1st exit and go along up that road and theres loads of side entrances into the crescent there.

Not the clearest of directions but if you know were O Connell street is you shouldn't have a problem after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Conor h

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

1huge1 wrote:
    Well your going to have traffic problems here but in my opinion the best way is when coming from galway keep going for the city centre (O connell street) and take a right onto O Connell street follow that road for about 2km until your well out of the city and the keep going till the first roundabout you see then take the 1st exit and go along up that road and theres loads of side entrances into the crescent there.

Not the clearest of directions but if you know were O Connell street is you shouldn't have a problem after that.

Would it not just be easier to take the entrance straight after the railway gates before the roundabout???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya I thought that but I was going to have to say look out for the big building on the left (and if he had never seen it before he might not know what the crescent looks like) at least this way he knows its definitely the crescent

Oh and I forgot about using the railway gates as a sign

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

coming from galway I'd advise the best way is to go in over Shannon bridge. Traffic on the Ennis road can be manic and especially with all the new traffic lights.

The directions are as follows: When you're coming in the dual carriageway from ennis, there's a new roundabout after Sheils' Ford garage, go straight through that. At the next roundabout take the 3rd exit - signposted for Cork/Killarney I think. Then follow that road which takes you over the Shannon bridge. At the next roundabout, just past the bridge, take the 3rd exit again. You're now on the dock road. Continue on that road until you pass a Shell garage.....it's a good bit out that road. Then take the next left. This takes you through two small rounabouts - take the first exist and the first and the second at the second. Then you're at a set of traffic lights, go right. Then straight on through another set of lights. Then as previously mentioned, after the level crossing, you'll see the entrance on the left....or you can go to the roundabout and take any left entrance after that either.

This is the way I'd go & I'd be coming from the ennis direction too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement