Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mATX case for my new build?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well there are two common mATX cases you can acquire.

HTPC cases low profile, limited expandability like the Antec Fusion but very compact & neat.

Shuttle clone cases these imitate Shuttle's cases and can offer depending on the make a good deal of upgrade room.

I have one of these Silverstone SST-SG01S cases black or silver and it's a great little case takes off the shelf ATX PSU's, two HD's, can take double slot cooler graphics cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Yeh I was looking at the SG01 aswell. The only downside I can see with it- is not being able to fit my zalman CPU cooler, but I'll probably have that problem in any SFF case. I want to overclock the E6750, and have a relatively quiet PC. Do you think this is possible in a SFF?

The SG01 can take a Zalman CNPS7700 series but no higher, your overclocks would want to be very mild in such enclosures though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I've got the CNPS9500 so that rules that out and possibly SFF isn't the way to go for a decent OC. Alternatively I was looking at this mid ATX case - http://www3.hardwareversand.de/8V5WIsnRJF7mt4/3/articledetail.jsp?aid=9427&agid=631

If you have a 9500 then yeah your going to need something with a lot of room just be aware that on some mATX min-towers the PSU faces the CPU cooler so such a case would be out of the question with the Zalman 9500.

That case you link to is ATX so it should be fine, also although they are now more for HTPC use than the cases of old a case in the desktop form factor might be worth a look as well if after something different as they have the full height needed for the Zalman coolers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement