Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does JC HL maths compare with LC HL maths?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jaycummins

we did probability during fourth year and i have no idea how to do it now. we doing complex numbers in 6th year now and i actually love them. i got an A in HL JC but i got B's in all my fifth year tests. with a bit more study hopefully ill get an A1. im doin applied maths, that rocks! im gonna aim to get As in HL Maths, Physics and Applied maths. that'll get me into engineering hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Thankfully it's not too difficult, and unless you for some reason do the Probability and Statistics option for the end of paper 2, it only affects 2 questions max! (I think, they could hardly have it on more...)

Best option evar! <3 Then again, I loved probability, so I would say that..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Hiss!

Groups is the option of win. (Well I haven't seen the geometry one yet, that could be better.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

YOUR FACE is the option of win. Groups eh? Not many schools do that at all.. actually, nearly every school does the further calculus as far as I know.. Weiroes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yeah groups is the oldskool option. I think my school does further calculus as well (it's the only option in all(that i've seen) of the maths books), but my teacher gave me the book on groups because I'm a nerd^2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Further Calc is really easy though. Fair enough, I never looked into the other options, but I can't see any reason why I would have wanted to.

Advertisement