Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange lights over Athlone

Options
  • 08-09-2007 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Seen round 7 red lights over the town bout an hour ago, anyone else see them? They were moving from west to east. Couldnt have been airplane/helicpoters because objects were too close together and werent moving fast. Disappeared after 3mins r so. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Clarelovesangel

Wow would love to have seen that!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I do not understand how they could NOT have been a helecopter, or helecopters plural? If all you saw were lights and not an actual aircraft then there is no way for you to judge how close they were to each other.
    The fact there was 7 lights or so probably means you saw 2 helecopters flying in formation. Each copter has a few red lights on it so would appear very close together.

Trust me on this! I once saw sometheing identical years ago over dublin. I even thought whatever it was to be moving faster than anything i had seen. I went and got binoculars and eventually, even with them it took me about 20 mins before i could tell what it was, and it was a helicopter. in fact it was the Garda helicopter. When it got over Ballyfermot i could make it out perfectly and what had seemed like static lights then started flashing like any aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Id expect Jack Bauer to have some more intel on it then that .... Where is that damn Chloe O'Brian when you need her!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Were you drinking by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭eoinhealy

Might know what you saw.

I was working in Dublin 3 weeks ago and as I was going down the M4 I saw 6 Helecoptors in a V formation flying around the place. Looked like they were doing some sort of training or testing. There was another helecoptor following them around (Probably filming or something).

That might be your answer.

They were flying quite slow, probably so they could hold formation. And they were very quite, for helicoptors that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

It must be magic mushroom season again :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

I seen those myself... just seen your post now as I haven't been on boards.ie for a while... was just checking out the midlands forum for news and spotted your post. They most definately didn't seem to be helicopters to me. But I'm not going to volunteer any opinion on what i thought they might be. I just keep telling myself I didn't see anything.

Advertisement