Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

02 friends on bill?

• 08-09-2007 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

I've just moved jobs and will no longer have any access to receive/make personal calls during the day. Hence, I will have to use my mobile during the day. This is making me think I might want to change to billpay to avail of cheaper call charges.

But I'm stuck - because billpay doesn't have the 1c calls to friends at evenings & weekends offer, I seriously doubt that bill pay will actually overall save me any money!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

the o2 packages have free minutes tho which could make up for it. i think they have a special at the mo of free double minutes for 6 months, altho it may have ended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭HiredGun

I think these double minute deals are still being offered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Am thinking of the Active Life 150 for 35e p/m with a Nokia 6300 for 85e.

With the current offers, that's 280 mins and 220 texts p/m.

I can't find an answer on this - can I change price plan if that doesn't suit? O2 don't have any sales number on their site as far as I can see. Which is retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭patto_chan

quad_red wrote:
    O2 don't have any sales number on their site as far as I can see. Which is retarded.

Ring 1909 and choose O2 customer service from the menu (only works if you're already an O2 customer I think). Or go to an O2 store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

patto_chan wrote:
    Ring 1909 and choose O2 customer service from the menu (only works if you're already an O2 customer I think). Or go to an O2 store.

Can't get into an o2 store. Ringing 1909 just gets rejected (i'm speakeasy at the mo). Ringing the speakeasy customer care line takes ages to work through options that I have no interest in.

Then when you finally the get option to speak to an agent you get the 'due to a high volume of calls, waiting time has exceeded...' etc.

So, basically, I want to move to billpay. I've tried the website. I've tried to ring a few numbers to no avail.

Excellent sales practices o2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I rang them yesterday from a landline (1909 number). Just followed some of the options,theres not many till theres one that ask are you already an 02 customers (which I'm not). This then transfers you to cus care and I spoke to an operator within a minute and she was very helpful with my query.

All in all cus service was find and only on the call for about 2 mins (or less) plus its a freephone number I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

Yes all the 190x numbers are free. Its mandated by Comreg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Call 1909 from a landline and press 8# to get through to someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

quad_red wrote:
    Can't get into an o2 store. Ringing 1909 just gets rejected (i'm speakeasy at the mo). Ringing the speakeasy customer care line takes ages to work through options that I have no interest in.

Then when you finally the get option to speak to an agent you get the 'due to a high volume of calls, waiting time has exceeded...' etc.

So, basically, I want to move to billpay. I've tried the website. I've tried to ring a few numbers to no avail.

Excellent sales practices o2.

Sign up on-line you get 20% more mins + texts for the same amount as a price plan from an o2 shop (+ You can still get the double minutes on the offer for the 6 months)

So you wont have to go to a shop you wont have to call them and they give you more for the same - maybe there is pleaseing some afterall?

Note that there is 'paperless billing' on the on-line plans ie. you view your bill online.

They are here -> http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Personal/Price+plans/Pay+monthly 'Online only plans'

I have one its good imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

quad_red wrote:
    I've just moved jobs and will no longer have any access to receive/make personal calls during the day. Hence, I will have to use my mobile during the day. This is making me think I might want to change to billpay to avail of cheaper call charges.

But I'm stuck - because billpay doesn't have the 1c calls to friends at evenings & weekends offer, I seriously doubt that bill pay will actually overall save me any money!!

billpay is much cheaper than prepay, the most youll pay for a call outside your minutes at peak time on billpay is 35c a min, compared to 63c per min to other networks on prepay, plus if you go on an active plan you get calls at all times eg the active 150 plan, gets you 150 anytime minutes and 100 sms for 35 quid a month, youll get double mins and extras for signing up online too so its well worth it

as for changing a tarriff, you can go up a line rental at any time ie move from the active 150 to 250, but to move down a tarriff you have to wait for 6 months, otherwise everyone would be buying phones on the highest tarriff to get the phone cheaper then changing their plan straight away

you can only move your ctn over to postpay in a store or online though they cant do it for you over the phone, you need a billpay sim and to sign a 12 or 18 months contract for one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

quad_red wrote:

most stores open late on thur+fri and all day sat & sun

youre not the only person ringing you know, gets pretty busy there during the day,try early in the morning or later in the evening

Advertisement