Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Knight Rider Car Pontiac trans am

Options
  • 09-09-2007 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

howdy folks, am considering purchasing a knight rider car, identical spec and bits on it as per the tv show, original engine , Cross-Fire Injection 305 V-8..
    immaculate condition... and running well for a car of its age... looks fantastic, lcd speedo, etc etc..

my question is , what would it cost to ship the car from Los Angeles to Dublin? any idea..?

also as the car is so old, what would the VRT implications be?

its a great price, and a great eye catcher...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Afaik it is only exempt from VRT if it is classed as a "classic" car ie. 25 years or older.

Also note that importing it from outside the EU means you will have to pay VAT and import duty on top of VRT when it arrives in the port. :mad: Do a bit more research on it as it may not be as cheap as first realised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

the car is at a very good price, would it be classed as classic? its 1983
    its not road legal in CA as it doesnt have smog filters on it...

could it be driven in ireland legally? i mean emmisions wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

These guys could probably help with information-
    http://www.american-automobile-association-irl.com/main.htm

...or these-
    http://www.maac-ireland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

what_car the car is at a very good price, would it be classed as classic?
    its not road legal in CA as it doesnt have smog filters on it...

could it be driven in ireland legally? i mean emmisions wise
    Today 00:33

u might get away with it. But the car nees to be ec friendly re emmissions. i know a lot of mbikes been imported from us arent and that is a prob

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

from what I've been told from friends online, could be ****e, but the original KITT is in the UK owned by a guy I know and speak to at least once a day (xbox live). So either the car is a porky or my mate has a porky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

nialler wrote:
    from what I've been told from friends online, could be ****e, but the original KITT is in the UK owned by a guy I know and speak to at least once a day (xbox live). So either the car is a porky or my mate has a porky.

I seriously doubt the OP is talking baout the original car from the show ( I assume theres a good few of those anyway, like all movie/tv cars) but a replica.

nialler wrote:

there were many cars made, and used in the series,, these cars are held in private collection , and are being traded at 150,000 USD...approx.when sold. these are hard to get. yes there is one genuine one in the uk,

there are a lot of replicas out there that look really great

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

yayamark wrote:
    ...needs to be ec friendly re emmissions. i know a lot of mbikes been imported from us arent and that is a prob
    What?

Not your ornery onager

nialler wrote:

heres one in the uk..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R7HEyOiv5o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I always wanted one of these - do it up as KARR though OP.. far too many KITT's around and I liked the two-tone paint job and yellow scanner better:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=azwpd_Yjjmk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

bazz26 wrote:
    Afaik it is only exempt from VRT if it is classed as a "classic" car ie. 25 years or older.

VRT applies to all cars unless they are 30 years old or more, when they are classed as "vintage".

Btw I drove one of these in 1980 in the US. They were crap then and i doubt they've improved since.

Advertisement